Black, Orange and White Halloween Home Tour
A Black, Orange and White Halloween Home Tour! Simple and fun ideas to make your home spooky (and pretty) for Halloween!
Boo! I’m so happy that you are here today for my Halloween Home Tour! I’m participating in the Seasonal Simplicity Fall Series hosted by my friend Krista of Happy Housie. Today we’re sharing our homes all decked out for Halloween, so I hope you leave here feeling inspired to add a little spook to your own home. Make sure to check out all of the ideas in the links at the bottom of this post! And if you missed my previous posts as part of this series, make sure to check out my DIY Fall Wreath here, my Simple Fall Mantel here, my Fall Home Tour here, and my Cozy Fall Porch here. And today I’m sharing my Halloween Home Tour!
It’s Spooky Time up in here!
Once Thanksgiving here in Canada is over (just this past weekend), Halloween comes out in full force. Turkey dinner one day, Halloween the next. I love it.
Out goes fall, in comes Halloween.
This year I basically just added some spooky decor to the fall decor I already had up. I figured since my fall colours were already orange with some black, it was the perfect palette to just add to. Which made decorating really simple.
My Halloween Stash
Over the years I’ve accumulated quite a stash of Halloween decorations…from pillows to blankets, faux pumpkins, mugs, decorations and more. I love Halloween decorating, so I enjoy doing this. And every year I try to use what I have first, and decorate with everything in a different way…so it looks fresh but really it’s just most of the same decor I’ve been using for years but shifted around. We don’t need to buy all new stuff every time a new season or holiday arrives…the best and most easy way to decorate is to use what you have and add a few new fresh pieces.
A Black, Orange and White Halloween
This year I wanted to decorate with the traditional colours of Halloween…black, orange and white. These colours also happen to look really nice in my living room so decorating was easy and fun.
Pumpkins, skeletons and skulls OH MY!
You can’t go wrong with orange pumpkins, spooky skeleton hands and skulls for Halloween decor. When you think about it, it really is quite bizarre to be decorating bookshelves, mantels and tables with skulls haha! But we love it.
My favourite Halloween decorations though are my pillows. You KNOW I love pillows on my couch, so I have to have Halloween pillows too. I’ve had the two fluffy skull pillows (from Michaels) for years and I look forward to bringing them out every Halloween. This year I also came across another great set of black and white skull pillows from Winners, and they’re the perfect addition. Both sets look perfect with my burnt orange fall pillows.
It’s in the scary details.
The thing I love most about decorating for Halloween are all the fun little spooky details. I like to fill glass beakers with potions (orange food colouring in water), tuck spiders and bugs into table decor, place skeleton hand candles all over the living room, add skulls to cloches and cabinets. I like to see a little bit of Halloween every where we look. It’s fun and the kids love it…even the big kids.
Where to find inexpensive and great Halloween Decor:
Most of my Halloween decorations are from the Dollar Store (Dollarama), Michaels and Winners, with Dollarama being my favourite. It’s amazing how much great decor you can find in dollar stores…that’s where I found all the skeleton hands, skeletons, skulls and bugs. Winners is great for pillows and faux pumpkins. And of course, Michaels is great for decor pieces like pillows, art, faux pumpkins and candles.
Halloween in my dining area.
Of course I had to add a little Halloween fun to my kitchen area…my main floor is open concept so I like my decorating to flow into here. I don’t go overboard in my kitchen and eating area because these spaces need to remain practical for use.
I just added a small arrangement to my table…cute little sugar pumpkins, white mini pumpkins and a few plastic skulls. Simple and festive.
I also like to decorate my linen cabinet which lies off in the background in my eating nook. It’s a great space for a few little decorations.
Cloches filled with skulls and skeleton hands. Spooky!
Thank you for coming along on my Halloween Home Tour!
Halloween Decorating Tips:
- Shop your stash first. Use what you have, then you can always add new pieces over time.
- Make Potions. I really like making coloured ‘potions’ for Halloween decor. I bought some beakers and science glassware and fill them with different colours. This year I used orange, last year I used dark purple, and the year before I used green.
- Use cloches. Cloches and cheese domes are great for displaying mini skulls, pumpkins and skeletons.
- Pumpkins are the best Halloween decor! And the easiest. If you don’t want to decorate much for Halloween, a couple of pumpkins are good enough.
- Tape bats to your walls and fireplace. I love doing this…one of my most favourite Halloween mantels was this one here where I decorated it with flying bats.
- Use Candles. Candles are always a great option for any type of seasonal decorating. Dollar stores always have the best spooky options.
- Hang String Lights. String lights in spooky Halloween colours are great for decorating. String them on your mantel or along your staircase.
- Decorate your front door or porch. Greet your guest with a ‘scary’ entrance. Hang an eyeball wreath on your door. Put out some pumpkins, hang some witch hats or ghosts from the porch. So many ideas.
- Window Gel Clings. These are fun for kids to hang and they look great in windows. There are so many options you can find at dollar stores and big box stores.
- Most of all, there are no rules! Halloween is the perfect time for imperfection and just having fun with decorating.
More Halloween Ideas For You Here:
- 31+ Spooky Halloween Food Ideas (desserts, meals, appetizers and drinks)
- Halloween Music Playlist (with ideas for Halloween at home)
- Easy Halloween Pumpkin Carving Ideas
- Spooky Dollar Store Halloween Decorating Ideas
- DIY Giant Spooky Halloween Wreath
MORE Halloween Decorating Inspiration:
Make sure to check out all of these spooky spaces decorated for Halloween…I hope you’ll be inspired to decorate.
Harry Potter Themed Halloween Decor Ideas at The Happy Housie
Outdoor Halloween Decor Tour at Confessions of a Serial DIYer
How to Decorate Your House for Halloween at My Sweet Savannah
Spooky Halloween Decor & Mantel at Tatertots and Jello
Halloween Mantel Decor at Life is a Party
Halloween Decor Ideas at A Pop of Pretty
Aboslutely love it!! You’re ready for a little Halloween party 🙂
Thank you so much Lor!
This space looks awesome, Joanna! Those Halloween pillows are super, but the best accessory is your beautiful pup! Love how he matches the decor.
Thank you Kerri! He’s my favourite too!
I love it all, Jo-Anna!! I love that you stuck with a theme too…mostly pumpkins, skeletons, and candles as it all looks so cohesive! XOXO
Thank you Christy!
So cute. I love the skull pillows and the black and white rug.
Thank you Rebecca! I really enjoy decorating for Halloween!