I love anything with cumin and cilantro, especially salads! This quick, easy, and healthy Corn & Bean salad is one of the easiest salads you can make. It’s loaded with flavour and packed with nutrition, making it the perfect side dish to any of your meals! But it’s especially delicious served with BBQ. I could eat this for days!
This is one of those salads that you can tailor to your tastebuds. Add black olives, chopped jalapenos, or what ever you like! So easy, and so good!!
- 1 cup corn (frozen or 1 can corn)
- 1 can chickpeas (or what ever bean you prefer!)
- 2–3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- taco seasoning
- Combine the corn, beans, tomatoes, cilantro, onion, and peppers.
- Toss with lime juice and olive oil.
- Make a batch of taco seasoning in a separate container. Then add to the salad 1 tbsp at a time, until you get the flavour you prefer. (I used almost the whole amount, but we like lots of flavour!)
For variation, and more of a meal, you can add 1 cup cooked Quinoa or couscous.