Making risotto in a crockpot is a such a simple way to make this delicious side dish! Using this cooking method requires less attention and less dishes! Today I’m sharing a recipe for Crockpot Risotto Milanese, and I’m also sharing my thoughts on the new crockpot ‘the Risotto Plus’ by Breville.
– – – – – –
The thing that I’ve learned about crockpots over the years that I have been cooking with them, is that they really can be your best. For our wedding 16 years ago we were gifted a crockpot that I used for so many recipes, but sadly it just recently bit the dust, thus leaving me looking for a new one! I definitely can’t live without a crockpot these days with my kids being so busy, and dinner times so hectic.
So I am now the proud owner of a new crockpot called ‘the Risotto Plus’ by Breville, and boy it is so fantastic! Oh my, crockpots have improved immensely over the years! There are so many more options now, other than just High and Low settings, in fact this crockpot has 7 different cooking settings. But what I love the most about this crockpot is that you can prepare the ingredients right in the crockpot, you can sauté vegetables and sear meat right in the same dish you are using to slow cook your meals. This means way less fuss and no dishes which I love!
The true test for me was whether this crockpot could make perfect risotto. Now I know that we would all love to just be able to put risotto ingredients in a crockpot, leave it for several hours while we are out doing errands or working, but risotto just doesn’t work that way. In a crockpot risotto only needs 20 – 30 minutes of cooking time, so why use a crockpot then you ask? Because you don’t have to stir it or fuss with it at all. When you make risotto on the stove, it requires a lot of attention and stirring. But by using a crockpot, all that is required is some sautéing at the beginning, then you just cover and let it cook away. Just start it about 30 minutes before you want to eat dinner, then you can serve the risotto hot. I love this because it leaves time (and less dishes) available to focus on other parts of your dinner. Like, if you wanted to BBQ steak you could do that while the risotto is cooking away.
Here are some great features on ‘the Risotto Plus’ by Breville:
- It is a combination cooker that makes tender slow cooked meals, stir-free risotto, and fluffy rice all in the same bowl.
- There are 6 settings: Risotto, Sauté, Rice/Steam, Slow Cook Low, Slow Cook High, Auto ‘Keep Warm’.
- The Risotto setting makes creamy and delicious risotto.
- The Sauté setting allows you to caramelize all your fresh ingredients.
- The Rice/Steam setting cooks up to 20 scoops of cooked rice, or you can use this setting to steam vegetables!
- The Slow Cook Low setting gently simmers food for an extended period of time.
- The Slow Cook High setting simmers food quicker for when time is a constraint.
- The Keep Warm setting automatically switches on after each setting (except sauté).
- If you would like to know more about ‘the Risotto Plus’ by Breville, you can read about it here.
The first recipe I made with this crockpot was Risotto Milanese, and I was SO amazed with how beautiful this risotto turned out! It was creamy and so flavourful and perfect paired with a BBQ steak! Delicious! I’ll definitely be making all of my risottos this way…it’s so easy and turns out perfect.Print
Have a delicious day!
Thank you to Breville for providing me with this fantastic crockpot for this review! I truly love it!