A Pail Full of Bran Muffins are a classic recipe straight from Grandma’s recipe box! Keep the batter in the fridge for up to two weeks and bake fresh muffins as you want them.
A Classic Bran Muffin Recipe
I imagine almost every family must have a classic bran muffin recipe tucked into their recipe boxes somewhere! This recipe came from my mom’s recipe box and I can remember eating these muffins when I was a kid! Now I make them for my family. Everyone needs a reliable bran muffin recipe!
Bake Delicious Muffins When You Want Them
The best thing about this recipe is that the batter can stay in your fridge for up to 2 weeks (I like to use it up within a week though). This is great because you can bake fresh muffins whenever you want them. You can even have a warm-straight-out-of-the-oven-batch ready for breakfast. Bake a batch today. Bake one tomorrow. And the next day. SO good.
Bran Muffin Recipe Tips:
- Bran: You can use bran flakes or All Bran Buds for this recipe.
- This batter will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Just keep it in an air tight container and use as needed.
- Stir the batter before making a new batch. You will notice that the top of the batter may look a little dark, but that’s ok, just stir it up.
- Sometimes I leave the raisins out of the original batter and just add them right before I bake a new batch. The raisins tend to get a bit bloated the longer they sit in the batter in the fridge.
- You can get about 36 medium sized muffins from this batter.
- Use muffin liners in your muffin tin for this recipe (I just removed them for these pictures, but I always use muffin liners).
- Once the muffins are baked, they freeze well.
A Pail Full of Bran Muffins
- 3 cups bran
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
- In one bowl combine the buttermilk and bran. Let sit for about 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the oil, eggs, both sugars and vanilla.
- Then stir in the bran mixture and raisins (see notes above about the raisins). Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the bran mix with the flour mix.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
(Recipe from my Mom)
More Delicious Muffin Recipes To Try:
Have a delicious day!