A Pail Full of Bran Muffins are a classic recipe straight from Grandma’s recipe box! Keep the batter in the fridge for up to two weeks and bake fresh muffins as you want them.
The batter for these Pail Full of Bran Muffins can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, so you can bake as big or small batches as you would like! All together, you can get about 36 medium sized muffins from this batter. I hope you enjoy this recipe for the best bran muffin!
A Classic Bran Muffin Recipe
I imagine almost every family must have a classic bran muffin recipe tucked into their recipe boxes somewhere! This recipe came from my mom’s recipe box and I can remember eating these muffins when I was a kid! Now I make them for my family. Everyone needs a reliable bran muffin recipe!
Bake Delicious Muffins When You Want Them
The best thing about this recipe is that the batter can stay in your fridge for up to 2 weeks (I like to use it up within a week though). This is great because you can bake fresh muffins whenever you want them. You can even have a warm-straight-out-of-the-oven-batch ready for breakfast. Bake a batch today. Bake one tomorrow. And the next day. SO good.
Pail Full of Bran Muffins Recipe Tips:
- Bran: You can use wheat bran or All Bran Buds cereal for this recipe.
- This batter will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Just keep it in an air tight container and use as needed.
- Stir the batter before making a new batch. You will notice that the top of the batter may look a little dark, but that’s ok, just stir it up.
- Sometimes I leave the raisins out of the original batter and just add them right before I bake a new batch. The raisins tend to get a bit bloated the longer they sit in the batter in the fridge.
- You can get about 36 medium sized muffins from this batter.
- Use muffin liners in your muffin tin for this recipe (I just removed them for these pictures, but I always use muffin liners).
- Freezing: Once the muffins are baked, they freeze well. Store them in an airtight container or ziplock bag, and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Additions: Feel free to add chocolate chips (right before baking, don’t let them sit in the batter).
FAQs about this recipe:
These muffins are wonderful with butter and a little bit of honey. Or smothered in jam. So so good.Print
(Recipe from my Mom)
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!
Note: The original post was published July 2011, but I have since updated it with new images. Same great recipe, just better pictures!