These Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are a quick and super delicious cookie! The vanilla pudding mix makes them soft and chewy!
A New Recipe for your Recipe Box!
If you’re looking for a chocolate chip cookie recipe that’s a little different from the usual, these Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are it! The secret ingredient in these cookies is instant vanilla pudding mix, making them soft, chewy and full of delicious vanilla flavour.
Why Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix (the powder)?
It may seem weird (or super delicious!) to put pudding in cookies, but I’m here to tell you, it’s SO SO good. The addition of the vanilla pudding makes these cookies moist, soft and chewy! And it also adds a delicious vanilla flavour. Just remember, you’re adding the pudding powder mix…just open the box and add the powder to the ingredients as listed below. Don’t prepare the pudding, or use pre-made pudding, you only want the powder.
Soft, Chewy and Flavourful
I mean, just look at these cookies. They’re little bites of chewy cookie deliciousness. Crunchy on the edges, soft in the middle.
So good warm right out of the oven. Is there anything better?!
Makes a big batch.
This recipe makes about 36 medium sized cookies. Great for enjoying half now and freezing half for later. TIP! I like to freeze half of all my cookies when I bake, so I have several half batches in the freezer for later when we want cookies…it’s a great to pull out different batches and keep things interesting.
These cookies taste so good.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix: Use a 3.6 ounce (102 gram) package of vanilla instant pudding mix…use the powder, directly from the box (not prepared pudding). It’s ok if the size of the box is a little off…some boxes are 3.2 ounces, some are 3.4…all are fine.
- Cornstarch: I added cornstarch to this recipe because it makes the cookies even more chewy and soft, and helps to prevent them from spreading out during baking.
- Butter and Sugar: Make sure to cream the butter and sugar together until it is soft and creamy. I mix mine for at least 5 minutes.
- Chocolate Chips: You can use semi-sweet chips, milk chocolate chips or even white chocolate chips or butterscotch chips.
- Baking Time: I bake my cookies for 11 minutes, which makes them perfectly soft and chewy. If you want your cookies even softer, bake them for less time (9-10 minutes), if you want them more crunchy, bake them for more (12+ minutes).
- Storage: Keep these cookies in an airtight container to keep them soft.
- Freezing: These cookies freeze beautifully. Store them in an airtight ziplock bag in the freezer for up to 6 months.
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!