Yesterday was my hubby’s birthday, and every year he orders the same cake. A Rainbow Jello Cake! Made with grape Jello, and one other flavour that the kids get to pick…this year they chose lime! (a secret yeay! from Mom, because lime is my fave!)
This is such a fun cake that most people love! You can’t seem to go wrong with Jello, white cake, and whip cream! Yeeuuum.
- 1 white cake mix (2 layer cake no pudding)
- 2 packages of Jello: 2 different flavours
- 2 cups boiling water
- whipping cream (you can use real whipping cream or cool whip)
- Bake your cakes according to the package directions, for a 2 layer cake. Tip! I spray the pans with cooking oil spray, then I line the bottoms of the pans with a circle of wax paper. From my experience with this cake, this is a necessary step! It can be so hard to get the cake out.
- Once the cakes have been baked, remove them from the oven, and let cool for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time, its Jello time! ** See the image above for more help! **
- Get out 2 glass measuring cups or bowls.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water to each bowl.
- Add 1 package of Jello to one bowl, the other package of Jello to the other bowl.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Once your cakes have cooled for 15 minutes, use a fork and poke holes all over them. Make sure you poke your holes deep so the Jello can get all through the cake.
- Pour your Jello over your cakes, one flavour on each cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. You can leave them un-iced overnight in the fridge.
- After they have refrigerated, un-mold them, and frost with whipping cream.
– – – — – – – –