This Pimento Cheese Recipe is ready in 15 minutes! Made with sharp cheddar, mayonnaise, spices and roasted pimento peppers. It’s creamy, tangy and so delicious.
If you’re looking for a quick and really really delicious dip, this Pimento Cheese Recipe is it! This spreadable and dippable cheese is delicious served with sliced fresh vegetables and spread on crackers. You can also make a wicked grilled cheese with pimento cheese and even serve it stirred into fresh hot pasta. So versatile. So good.
It’s all about the Pimento Pepper!
If you’ve never had a pimento (or pimiento) pepper before, now is your chance. These small red peppers are not spicy, they’re so sweet and flavourful, making them perfect for this tangy cheese dip. You can find fresh pimento peppers in farmers’ markets in late summer.
Get the good cheese.
Old Cheddar is the way to go for this dip as it packs the biggest flavour punch that is needed for this recipe. Make sure to get the best old cheddar you can (I use white cheddar).
Spreadable and Dippable (and more!)
Yep, this pimento cheese is very versatile…spread it on crackers (my fave!), dip fresh vegetables in it, spread it in grilled cheese or on burgers, toss it with hot pasta…the possibilities are endless.
Perfect for parties!
This is a great dip for football parties, holidays and celebrations. You can even make it ahead of time.
6 Ways to Eat Pimento Cheese:
- Dip or Spread: Serve it as a spread on crackers or bread, or as a dip for celery sticks, carrot sticks or other sliced fresh vegetables. For an extra delicious treat, top your pimento cheese cracker with some candied jalapenos! (I’m going to be sharing that recipe soon!)
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches: Use it as a spread inside a grilled cheese sandwich. They’re SO GOOD.
- A Burger Spread: Pimento cheese is delicious spread on a burger!
- Pasta: Stir the pimento cheese into hot cooked pasta. It’s so creamy and delicious!
- Devilled Eggs: Add pimento cheese to devilled eggs.
- Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers: Use it as a filling for stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- Roasting Pimento Peppers: This recipe calls for 2 roasted pimento peppers. To make these cut the pimento peppers in half and remove the seeds. Lightly brush the skin side with olive oil, then roast the peppers on the barbecue for about 5 minutes or so, or until the skins are lightly charred. Remove the skins and dice.
- Pimento Pepper Option: You can also use pre-made/jarred pimento peppers from the grocery store.
- Mayonnaise: I like to use about 3 tbsp of mayonnaise in our pimento cheese dip. You can use more or less depending on how creamy you want it.
- Old Cheddar Cheese: Make sure you use White Old Cheddar Cheese…it has the best flavour for this dip.
- Cream Cheese: I use an 8 ounce block of cream cheese for this dip, but you can also use an 8 ounce tub of spreadable cream cheese.
- A Note About Salt: Old Cheddar Cheese can be salty so make sure to taste test the dip before adding any salt.
- Make Ahead Option: You can serve this dip immediately. If you’re serving this dip later, put it in the fridge, then take it out about 10 – 15 minutes before you wish to serve it.
- Storage: Keep in the fridge between servings. This dip will keep for about 5 days (refrigerated).
More Delicious Cheesy Appetizer Recipes:
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!