This Sex in a Pan is a delicious dessert with layers of creamy vanilla and chocolate pudding, soft cream cheese, whipped cream and a shortbread cookie crust.
So let’s talk dessert, mmmmkay. What kind of desserts are your fave? Do you love pudding? How about chocolate? And whipped cream? Maybe shortbread pecan crust? How about yes to all the above? Well friends, you are in luck. This dessert has ALL of the above.
Pudding in a Pan (also called Sex in a Pan)
This dessert is most commonly referred to as Sex in a Pan. Or as we also call it, Pudding in a Pan. I remember my Auntie Linda bringing this dessert to many family get togethers. And all these years later I have dreamed of its deliciousness. No kidding. It’s just one of those desserts that stays with you! This dessert is creamy, chocolatey, rich and so so good.
Perfect for parties and potlucks!
If you’re looking for a wonderful dessert to feed a crowd, this Sex in a Pan dessert is a great option. It will easily feed 12 people (more if you cut it into smaller pieces). Or you can make 2! It’s a nice and light tasting dessert that is perfect for hot summer days!
Sex in a Pan Recipe Tips:
- ALLOW FOR TIME: This recipe requires a chilling time of 24 hrs. It needs this time to set. What I like to do is make it the morning BEFORE the day I want to serve it.
- PUDDING: This recipe requires both vanilla and chocolate instant pudding mixes. Follow the package instructions.
- CREAM CHEESE: Use an 8 ounce package of plain cream cheese.
- WHIPPING CREAM: I like to use homemade whipped cream, but you can also use cool whip instead…this is a delicious and easy shortcut!
- CHOCOLATE SHAVING GARNISH: You can make this using a chocolate bar and a cheese grater…just grate a little of the chocolate to make a nice topping. You can also just add a light dusting of cocoa powder.
- SERVING: Use a knife to cut this dessert into pieces, then you will need a larger flipper or spoon to scoop it out.
- MAKE AHEAD: You can make this dessert up two days ahead of time (I think it’s even better after 2 days)!
- STORAGE: Make sure to wrap this dish tightly with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days (it shouldn’t sit out at room temperature for very long).
I hope you enjoy this amazing dessert! Have a delicious day!