These Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
Not just another chocolate chip cookie recipe! These are soft and chewy, yet crispy…and absolutely divine warm from the oven. Makes a big batch. They really are the best chocolate chip cookies!
Not just another Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe
There is always room for one more chocolate chip cookie recipe, especially this one! I know there are hundreds of recipes out there, and we all have our favourites, but this one, this is our absolute most favourite of them all. They have the most wonderful chewy texture.
Rich, buttery, crispy and chewy!
These are the ultimate chocolate chip cookie. They’re truly everything you imagine when you’re craving a chocolate chip cookie…they’re not cakey or too crunchy. Just perfectly crispy and chewy and chocolatey and delicious.
And the absolute best warm from the oven. Oh my.
Makes a big batch!
This recipe makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies. I love a cookie recipe that makes a batch big enough that you can freeze half for later. In a house with teenagers, cookies disappear quickly so I appreciate being able to freeze some to bring out later for school lunches or snacks. Oh, and frozen cookies are SO good…do you sneak them out of the freezer like I do? haha
I hope you try this recipe and love it as much as we do!
- Flour: Use regular, all-purpose flour.
- Butter: I use salted butter. You can also use unsalted butter, but add a little extra salt to the dry ingredients.
- Brown Sugar: Use golden brown sugar.
- Chocolate Chips: This recipe calls for semi-sweet chocolate chips, but feel free to use white chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate. Small chocolate chunks are delicious too! Even butterscotch or peanut butter chips would be great.
- Options: If you love nuts, feel free to stir 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts into the batter.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Tips
- Do you need to let the dough chill before baking? No. But chilled cookie dough always makes the best cookies. I typically let the dough chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Baking Time: Bake these cookies for 10 to 12 minutes. The longer you bake them, the less chewy they will be.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container to keep them soft and chewy.
- Freezing: These cookies freeze well for up to 3 months..
More Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes to try!
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!