These Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
Not just another Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe
There is always room for one more chocolate chip cookie recipe, especially this one! I know there are hundreds of recipes out there, and we all have our favourites, but this one, this is our absolute most favourite of them all.
Rich, buttery, crispy and chewy!
These are the ultimate chocolate chip cookie. They’re truly everything you imagine when you’re craving a chocolate chip cookie…they’re not cakey or too crunchy. Just perfectly crispy and chewy and chocolatey and delicious.
And the absolute best warm from the oven. Oh my.
Makes a big batch!
This recipe makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies. I love a cookie recipe that makes a batch big enough that you can freeze half for later. In a house with teenagers, cookies disappear quickly so I appreciate being able to freeze some to bring out later for school lunches or snacks. Oh, and frozen cookies are SO good…do you sneak them out of the freezer like I do? haha
I hope you try this recipe and love it as much as we do!
- Baking Time: Bake these cookies for 10 to 12 minutes. The longer you bake them, the less chewy they will be.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container to keep them soft and chewy.
- Freezing: These cookies freeze well for up to 3 months.
- Flour: Use regular, all-purpose flour.
- Butter: I use salted butter.
- Chocolate Chips: This recipe calls for semi-sweet chocolate chips, but feel free to use white chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate. Even butterscotch or peanut butter chips would be great!
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp hot water hot tap water is fine
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer cream together the butter and sugars until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Then mix in the vanilla.
- In a small bowl dissolve the baking soda in the hot water, then add it to the butter/sugar mix, and combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the salt and flour.
- Then add the flour mix to the butter mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookie batter by large spoonfuls onto your cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. The edges of the cookies should be light brown. And the longer you bake them, the less chewy they will be.
More Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies to try:
- Condensed Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Have a delicious day!