This Honey Garlic and Ginger Steak Marinade is a delicious and easy marinade recipe that will make your steaks flavourful and tender! This marinade is especially great for inexpensive cuts of steak.
This flavourful and delicious marinade is perfect for inexpensive or tough cuts of steak like a chuck steak, flat iron steak, or hangar steak. The result is a tender steak with tasty honey, garlic and ginger flavour!
Marinate your steak!
Especially inexpensive cuts. Inexpensive cuts of steak like flank or hangar steaks, are perfect for marinating. Adding a marinade with a vinegar base will make the steak tender and delicious. We barbecue quite a few of these because they’re just so versatile and the marinade flavour options are endless. I’ve shared quite a few of my marinade recipes here in this post, so make sure to check them out for different ideas.
Honey Garlic + Ginger = Delicious
This flavour combination is one of my favourites for a steak marinade. The meat is just SO flavourful. In addition to the honey, garlic and ginger, this marinade is made with soy sauce and balsamic vinegar, so it almost tastes like teriyaki steak. It’s so good.
- I like to marinate my steak in a disposable ziplock bag. It’s easy, fuss and mess free. Also, having the marinade and the meat in a bag makes it really easy to massage the sauce into the meat.
- For best results, let the steak marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, but overnight is best.
- Make sure to massage the bags a couple of times during the marinating time, as this helps to ensure that the steak will be coated in the marinade as much as possible.
- Right before you are ready to grill, give the steaks one last good massage in the marinade.
- You can freeze your steaks in the marinade. When you are ready to use them, just thaw the steaks in the fridge until they are completely unfrozen.
- More Steak Marinade Recipes: Visit my post here for 7 delicious marinade recipes.
Recipes to serve with steak:
More Delicious Steak Marinade Recipes:
- Chimichurri Steak
- Easy Steak Marinade
- Beer and Barbecue Sauce Steak Marinade
- Horseradish Flank Steak Marinade
Have a delicious day!