This Horseradish Flank Steak Marinade is spicy, flavourful and delicious. Perfect for inexpensive cuts of beef.
If you’re looking for a really delicious and unique marinade for steak, this Horseradish Flank Steak Marinade is fantastic. It’s tangy, flavourful and pairs perfectly with beef. If you can, let the steak marinate overnight, but if you’ve only got 2 hours, that’s fine too!
Marinades are perfect for inexpensive cuts of beef!
Take an inexpensive (and often tough) cut of beef and make it tender and full of flavour by letting it marinate in a delicious homemade marinade.
- Steak: Use inexpensive cuts of meat like a flank, flat iron or hangar steak.
- Horseradish: You can use grated fresh horseradish or jarred horseradish (creamy is fine too).
- Pierce the steak: Pierce the flank steak with a fork, making sure to pierce it on both the front and the back so that the steak can soak up the flavours of the marinade.
- Marinating Container: I like to put the steak and the marinade into a disposable ziplock bag to marinate, but you can use any dish that you like. Cover the steak in the marinade, making sure to coat both sides.
- Marinating Time: For best results, let the steak marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, but overnight is best.
- Make sure to massage the bag a couple of times during the marinating time, as this helps to ensure that the steak will be coated in the marinade as much as possible.
- Before Grilling: Right before you are ready to grill, give the steaks one last good massage in the marinade.
- Barbecue Tip: The marinated flank steak will flare the first time you set it on the grill! Please beware!
- You can freeze steaks in the marinade. When you are ready to use them, just thaw the steaks in the fridge until they are completely unfrozen, then proceed with grilling.
So get that BBQ fired up and get grilling! Have a delicious day!