Serve this creamy and delicious Roasted Tomato & Pumpkin Soup with a dollop of sour cream, a loaf of warm crusty bread. Cozy dinner heaven!
I have to say I’m pretty relieved it’s the weekend. This week has been a crazy busy, running-around-like-a-chicken-with-its-head-cut-off kind of week. After Thanksgiving we jumped right back into life, and the week seemed to go by at warp speed!
Fall was made for soup!
This has been a soup packed week over here, and I hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as I have! In case you missed the other soups from this week, I made a Cheddar & Ale Chicken Chowder, Turkey Meatball Noodle Soup and Tortellini Vegetable Soup. All simple and delicious fall soups!
But wait! I’m not done…I’ve got one more for you! For todays soup I bring you this nice, comforting Roasted Tomato & Pumpkin Soup. It’s like a warm hug. And I could use one today. 😉
Comfort in a bowl.
This is actually the first soup I made last week and it was the one that inspired me to do this soup week. I made it on a cold and blistery day and it felt nice and had me craving more comfort soups. Even though I’m kind of dreading winter, there is a part of me that likes the idea of its arrival. It’s true. I’m going into this winter with an open mind and an arsenal of soups! 😉
- Serve this Roasted Tomato & Pumpkin Soup with a dollop of sour cream, a loaf of warm crusty bread and a glass of white wine and you’ve got dinner heaven!
- Tomatoes: The key to the rich tomato flavour of this soup is to roast the tomatoes, so don’t skip this part…it’s worth it!
- Pumpkin: Use pumpkin puree for this recipe. You can also use any kind of pureed squash: butternut and acorn are delicious too.
- Use a hand blender (or regular stand blender) to make this soup extra creamy!
- Garnish: Add a dollop of sour cream to your soup. It’s SO good.
- Make Ahead: This soup can be made a day or two ahead of time.
- Freezing: This soup freezes well.
PIN IT to make later!
Have a soup-er day!