Make this Overnight Vanilla Bean Apple French Toast the night before, and pop it in the oven to enjoy in the morning! Full of delicious apple and vanilla flavours!
Creamy sweet bread, layered with bites of baked apples, cinnamon and cream cheese. Absolutely delicious. And perfect for brunch (or even dessert). Pop it in the oven first thing in the morning, start a pot of coffee, and before you know it, it’s time to eat! There’s just something so fabulous about waking up and knowing that you’ve already got breakfast ready to go!
All the apples!
I use either McIntosh or Granny Smith apples in this apple french toast recipe. And before I add the apples to the bread mix, I saute them for a few minutes in butter and cinnamon. I do this to soften the apples and bring out their full flavour.
Take this recipe to the next level with a caramel sauce!
So let’s talk a bit about baked french toast vs. bread pudding. Honestly, there’s really no difference. So what this means is you can also serve this recipe as a dessert, and take it to the next level by serving it with a homemade caramel sauce! A rich, creamy, delicious caramel sauce that is the perfect match for this apple dish.
Apple French Toast Recipe Tips:
- You can use any type of apple you wish. I like to use either McIntosh or Granny Smith apples.
- I use challah bread for this toast, but you can use brioche or any firm, dry bread.
- Vanilla bean is hard to whisk into the milk as it tends to want to stay in a clump. I use a hand blender to mix it up.
More Delicious French Toast Recipes to try!
- Buttermilk French Toast
- Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Bake
- Pumpkin Pie French Toast Bake
- Blueberry Baked French Toast
- Raspberry French Toast Bake
Have a delicious day!
Please note that this post has been updated with new images and a few changes to the original recipe, making it better than ever for you!