This Blueberry Baked French Toast is creamy and bursting with beautiful blueberry flavours. This recipe is a keeper! Perfect for Sunday brunch or any special occasion.
This french toast is creamy and bursting with beautiful blueberry flavours. This recipe is a keeper!
Blueberries for breakfast.
I’ve got blueberries on my mind lately. Beautiful little blueberries. They’re delicious in so many recipes like this Blueberry Buttermilk Breakfast Cake, Blueberry Pie, Blueberry Turnovers, Blueberry Pancakes or homemade jam. And recently I was thinking they needed to be in a french toast recipe. A Blueberry Baked French Toast. How amazing does that sound?
About this recipe.
This dish is a twist on my Overnight Apple Baked French Toast. I swapped out the apples a few other ingredient and added blueberries. Let’s just say the results were definitely worth it. This dish is creamy, sweet, and flavourful with blueberry.
Perfect for brunch, special occasions and holidays.
This recipe is so easy you can make it for any occasion. It’s especially wonderful for Christmas morning or Sunday brunch.
Blueberry Baked French Toast Recipe Tips:
- BREAD: I think the type of bread used in this recipe can make or break this french toast. I used homemade Challah bread because of it’s chewy texture and slight sweet flavour. It also soaks up the cream perfectly. But if you don’t have this type of bread, a french loaf would work great as well.
- BLUEBERRY TIP: If you are using frozen blueberries, toss them first in about 1 tsp of flour. This will help to make sure the blueberries don’t stain the bread and turn everything blue. There’s no need to thaw them first.
- FLAVOUR OPTION: For a special touch, right before serving sprinkle the french toast with some powdered sugar and lemon zest.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with maple syrup, cream or whipping cream, and enjoy!
- MAKE AHEAD or NOT: You can make this dish ahead of time, and keep it in your fridge until you want to bake it in the morning. Or if you are pinched for time, you can bake it as soon as you make it as well.
- LEFTOVERS: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave.
Have a delicious day!