These Stovetop Pork Chops and Gravy are tender and so delicious after lightly simmering in a creamy and flavourful homemade gravy. Serve over mashed potatoes. Ready in less than 1 hour.
Pork Chops and Gravy with mashed potatoes is always a dinner winner in our house! This easy recipe can be ready in about 35 minutes, making it a perfect dinner for busy nights.
A quick and easy dinner for weeknights or weekends!
Pork chops are a great option for dinner when you’re pressed for time. But they’re also fantastic when you want to have a nice sit down dinner, especially when they’re served with a rich and creamy gravy such as this. It’s a dinner that feels fancy and special, but it’s quick and easy! You don’t have to tell anyone that you didn’t spend all day at the stove! 😉
A One-Pot Meal
I love meals that can be made with the fewest amount of dishes possible, and this one-pot dinner is one of those! Ok, full disclosure, you will need 2 pots, one for the pork chops and one for mashed potatoes. 😉 But all the messy work gets done in one pan…searing, sautéing and simmering, making clean up a cinch!
The Gravy is Creamy and SO flavourful.
The winner winner pork chop dinner in this recipe is the gravy. It’s SO flavourful…you’re going to want to drench your tender pork chops and mashed potatoes in it. Seriously, it’s that good. It’s the perfect amount of salty, herby and creamy.
Putting it all together.
Grab a plate, make a bed of mashed potatoes, lay a pork chop down, then pour on the gravy! Yum.
Pork Chops and Gravy Recipe Tips
- Pork Chops: You can use bone-in or boneless pork chops. We prefer bone-in because they seem to be much more tender.
- Searing the pork chops: Make sure to only sear both sides of the pork chops. You don’t want to cook them through at this stage, just sear them.
- Salt: Make sure to salt the pork chops before you sear them. You can also use seasoning salt.
- Cream for the gravy: You can use half + half, 3% milk or buttermilk. Heavy cream can be used as well, but the gravy will be very rich.
- Gravy FLOUR TIP! The gravy recipe calls for 4 tbsp of flour. What I like to do is use the leftover seasoned flour from what was used to coat the pork chops before searing. I prefer this, it makes a much more flavourful gravy. You can use plain flour or this seasoned flour, just make sure you use 4 tbsp total (you can mix and match too).
- Bay Leaves: Make sure to remove the bay leaves before serving!
- Broth: You can use chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- Mashed Potatoes: Serve these pork chops and gravy over mashed potatoes.
- Can I make this ahead of time? This dish is best served right away.
- How to Store Leftovers: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Can I double this recipe? You can easily double this recipe, you’ll just need to use a large pan, or two pans.
Pork Chop Recipes
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!