These Creamy Smothered Pork Chops are tender and so delicious after lightly simmering in a creamy and flavourful sauce. Serve over egg noodles. Ready in less than 1 hour.
One hour weeknight meals are my jam. If I can get a healthy and delicious meal on the table in less than 1 hour I’m a happy Mom. So when I have a recipe that I think you’ll love too, I have to share it! These Creamy Smothered Pork Chops are that kind of recipe.
A One-Dish Recipe
What I love most about this recipe, aside from the fact that it’s SO delicious, is that you make everything in one dish. Sear the chops, saute the vegetables and simmer the creamy sauce all in one pan…making clean up so simple. Ok…full disclosure…you will need one more pan to boil the noodles in 😉
Ready in under 1 hour!
But really, this is such a quick and easy meal to make. With just a few minutes of prep, you’re less than an hour away from a delicious dinner.
The end result is tender pork chops in a creamy sauce that’s delicious over egg noodles.
- Pork Chops: You can use bone-in or boneless chops.
- Seasoning: Make sure to generously season the pork chops before you sear them. I use salt and pepper. I have also used seasoning salt which is delicious.
- You can use sour cream or Greek yogurt in this recipe. Both are delicious.
- Onions: I like to use sweet onions in this recipe…they are sweet and flavourful.
- Wine: The addition of wine is optional, but I never leave it out as it add such delicious flavour. If you don’t want to add wine, use broth instead.
- Mushrooms: As always, mushrooms are optional. Frozen peas are a delicious alternative.
- Noodles: Egg noodles are the best with this dish, but you can use any noodle you like.
- Serving: This dish is best served right away.
- Side dishes for Smothered Pork Chops: rice, egg noodles or mashed potatoes, green beans, or salad.
- How to Store Leftovers: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Can I double this recipe? You can easily double this recipe. So invite some friends over on a weekend and enjoy this simple-to-make dish over a glass of wine!
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!