Make this Broccoli Cheddar Soup for dinner tonight with simple ingredients you likely already have in your pantry! Creamy, cheesy and so flavourful. Ready in less than 1 hour.
Tis’ the season for soup…delicious, comforting fall soups. And I’m here for it. If you also love soup and are looking for an easy and super flavourful recipe, this Broccoli Cheddar Soup is for you!
Simple Fresh Ingredients
Made with simple ingredients like fresh broccoli, cheddar cheese, carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, celery, cream, stock and cheese, this soup doesn’t get any more delicious. And they’re all ingredients that you may have in your pantry right now, so you can have dinner taken care of tonight!
Ready in less than 1 hour!
And did I mention that this soup can be ready and on the table in less than 1 hour? Yes. Who doesn’t love a quick and delicious dinner?! When life gets busy and everyone is hungry, recipes like this are so helpful.
Perfect for Dinner or Lunch!
This soup is rich and creamy, making it hearty enough as a stand alone meal. And it’s wonderful for dipping biscuits or fresh bread! I hope you love it.
Soup Recipe Tips:
- Feel free to use the stalks of the broccoli too…they’re delicious! Just include them as part of the 5 heaping cups of chopped broccoli.
- If you want chunks of broccoli in your soup, use a slotted spoon to remove about 1 cup (more if you like) of the broccoli and set it aside to add later. If you don’t want chunks of broccoli, just puree the entire batch of soup.
- I use an immersion blender to blend this soup, but you can use a stand blender too.
- You can use fresh or frozen broccoli for this recipe.
- I have cream listed as an ingredient, but you can use milk instead.
What to Serve with your Broccoli Soup:Print
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Make this Broccoli Cheddar Soup for dinner tonight with simple ingredients you likely already have in your pantry! Creamy, cheesy and so flavourful. Ready in less than 1 hour!
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 large potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 celery stalk (chopped)
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 L vegetable broth
- 5 heaping cups of chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cream (or milk)
- In a skillet melt the butter. Add the chopped onions, garlic, potato and celery. Saute until soft.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot add the vegetable broth and carrots. Simmer on low-medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped broccoli and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- NOTE: If you want chunks of broccoli in your soup, using a slotted spoon remove about 1 cup (more if you like) of the broccoli and set it aside for later.
- Add the onion mixture to the soup broth, stir and simmer until the soup starts to thicken.
- Once the soup is mixed well and slightly thick, use an immersion blender to blend the soup to make it nice and smooth.
- Now add the cream and mix well. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and mix until it has fully melted, this takes a few minutes.
- Mix in the remaining broccoli that you had set aside.
- Serve with extra shredded cheese if you like, and enjoy!
Keywords: broccoli cheddar soup, broccoli soup
More Delicious Fall Soup Recipes to Try!
- Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- One Pot Lasagna Soup
- Easy Slow Cooker Borscht
- Corn Chowder
- Hamburger Soup
Have a delicious day!