Let your bread machine do all the mixing and kneading for these Bread Machine White Bread Loaves! Then shape the dough into loaves and bake them in your oven. A perfect sandwich bread recipe.
Bread machines are such a handy kitchen tool that do all the kneading and rising of bread making for you! I like to let my bread machine make the dough, then I shape and bake the dough myself. I absolutely love mine and use it to make all of my homemade bread, including this go-to recipe for white bread loaves.
Let your bread machine do the hard work!
What I love most about bread machines is they do all the hard work of bread making for you. Just add the ingredients, select the dough setting, and 1 hour and 30 minutes later, you have a perfectly risen dough that is ready for shaping.
Two Delicious Loaves, One Great Recipe!
This is my go-to recipe for white bread. It makes 2, 1-lb loaves that are perfect as an everyday staple bread. And I love getting 2 loaves out of one recipe, so we can enjoy one right away, and I can freeze one for later.
Not too big, not too small.
I think these loaves of bread are a perfect size. They’re not huge, but they’re not too small either. Perfect for sandwiches, toast and snacking.
Shaping the dough
Once the dough is done, I remove it from the bread machine, let it rise on the counter for 30 minutes, then I shape it into loaves. To do this, I split the dough in half, lightly knead each dough ball one more time to get rid of any air bubbles. Then I roll each ball into a rectangular tube shape that will fit into my baking pan. You want the tops of the loaves to be taut, so while keeping the dough in a tube shape, you need to tuck in the ends into the bottom of the loaf. Cover, and let rise for 30 more minutes. Then bake!
Soft, flavourful and so delicious!
This bread is absolutely delicious. It has a wonderful homemade flavour that you just don’t get with grocery store bread. It’s soft and flavourful. I hope you try this recipe and love it as much as we do!
Recipe Tips for Homemade Bread Machine White Bread:
Here are some tips to help you make the best bread with your bread machine:
- Milk and Butter: Make sure your milk and butter are at room temperature. Cold ingredients do not stimulate yeast growth, so the dough won’t rise properly.
- Prepare your pans: I line my pans with parchment paper, but you can also grease them with butter.
- Loaf Pan Size: I use a standard loaf pan (1 lb. Pan: 8″ x 4 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ high). These loaf pans from Williams Sonoma are the ones I use (this is an affiliate link).
- Timing: If you want fresh bread in time for dinner (say 5:30), start this process around 2:30 in the afternoon.
- When is the bread done baking? The bread loaves will sound hollow when you tap the tops, and the tops will be golden brown.
- Freezing: This bread freezes very well. Just make sure to let the bread cool completely before freezing. I like to freeze my bread loaves in plastic bread bags.
- Tip! Don’t try to slice into your bread too soon after baking or you’ll squish it…ask me how I know! 😉
More Delicious Bread Machine Recipes:
- White Dinner Buns
- Whole Wheat Buns
- Pizza Dough
- Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread
- Cinnamon Apple Pull Apart Bread
- Easter Panettone Bread
- Braided Blonde Panettone
- Braided Pumpkin Bread
- Fruit and Berry Christmas Bread
Have a delicious day!