Let your bread machine do all the mixing and kneading for these Homemade Dinner Buns! Then shape the dough into buns and bake them in your oven.This is a great recipe for dinner rolls, tray buns and hamburger buns.
Is there anything more mouthwatering and delicious than home baked bread? Seriously, the smell of bread baking in your oven, then warm bread from the oven slathered in butter? This is one of the greatest joys in life.
Let your bread machine do all the hard work!
And want to know a little secret? I have a bread machine and I love it. I use it to make ALL of my yeast breads, and I make no apologies about it. I love that I can dump all of the ingredients into the machine, and let it do all of the mixing, kneading and most of the rising. It’s the best.
Shape your dough the way you want!
BUT I don’t let the bread machine do the baking…admittedly I don’t love the shape of bread when it’s baked in the bread machine. Instead, I let the bread machine do all the hard steps, then I take over and do the fun stuff like the dough shaping, final rises and baking. It’s SO easy.
For these dinner buns, I made the dough in the bread machine, then when the dough cycle was done, I finished the rest of the process. I let the dough rise, then I shaped them into these tray buns, let them rise again, then baked them…the smell of bread baking is the best.
Butter those buns!
And as soon as the buns come out of the oven I rub them with butter…mmmmmm This makes the tops nice and buttery and shiny. So good.
Just look at those shiny buns! All. The. Heart. Eyes.
And the butter dripping down between the buns, oh my. Are you inspired to make these yet? I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Recipe Tips for Homemade Bread Machine Dinner Buns:
Here are some tips to help you make the best buns!
- Make sure your milk and butter are at room temperature. Cold ingredients do not stimulate yeast growth, so your dough won’t rise properly.
- To make these buns like tray buns, use an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- You don’t have to bake these buns in a baking pan. You can also bake them on a baking sheet (spread the dough balls fare apart)…this will give you buns that are shaped more like a hamburger bun instead of tray buns.
- If you want fresh buns ready for dinner (say 5:30), start this process around 2:30 in the afternoon.
- When the buns are done baking, immediately brush them with butter. This will give them nice buttery, shiny tops.
More Delicious Bread Machine Recipes:
- Homemade Whole Wheat Buns
- Pizza Dough
- Braided Pumpkin Bread
- Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread
- Cinnamon Apple Pull Apart Bread
Have a delicious day!