This Rainbow Pasta Salad is a perfect summer picnic or BBQ recipe! Made with a tangy, garlicky dressing, spicy Habanero with Cracked Black Pepper Monterey Jack Cheese and oodles of noodles and fresh vegetables.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Bothwell Cheese. I have been compensated for my time and recipe creation. This recipe, all pictures and words are my own. I love cheese. ?
I think one of my most favourite summer foods are pasta salads. They pair perfectly with burgers, steak, chicken, turkey…they are the perfect addition to summer barbeques, picnics and potlucks! I also love that pasta salads are easy to make and that most can be made a day ahead which is also such a great time saver.
Cheese Makes Everything Delicious!
Because we love pasta salads so much, they are a staple in our summers. I’m always trying new recipes and new ways to create the perfect pasta salad. Recently I made this Rainbow Pasta Salad which was actually inspired by a cheese. Yes, that’s right cheese. But not just any cheese, Bothwell’s Habanero with Cracked Black Pepper, a Monterey Jack cheese with a spicy and flavourful blend of hot habanero peppers and the bold flavour of cracked black pepper. This cheese is the Silver Medal Winner for High Heat, Monterey Jack category, at the 2018 World Championship Cheese Contest. Who new there was such a thing? But I’m not at all surprised because Bothwell makes the most delicious cheese, and this new one is SO delicious, creamy and fiery!
Fun fact! Bothwell Cheese is made right here in Canada! They use only the freshest quality 100% Canadian milk from local Manitoba farms to create their products. I love Canadian cheese.
When I first tried this cheese I knew right away it would be SO good in a pasta salad. I thought the heat and deep flavours of the habanero and black pepper would be delicious with loads of fresh colourful vegetables, noodles and a delicious homemade dressing. And it is. This Rainbow Pasta Salad is one you need to make…it’s a definite crowd pleaser.
Adding a number of colourful finely chopped vegetables makes this pasta salad bright and delicious!
Let it rest!
The key to making this Rainbow Pasta Salad is to let the noodles and vegetables rest in the garlic and herb dressing for at least 4 hours (you can even make it a day ahead). With time the veggies and noodles have a chance to marinade in the dressing, making this salad perfectly tasty. Then right before serving, toss in the cubes of the Habanero with Cracked Black Pepper Monterey Jack Cheese…I like to add the cheese at this time because I want the full flavour of the cheese to shine through…it’s a perfect compliment to all of the other ingredients. I hope you try this recipe…I just know you’ll love it!
Rainbow Pasta Salad
- 1 – 8 oz package of elbow noodles
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/3 red pepper minced
- 1/3 orange pepper minced
- 1/3 yellow pepper minced
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 can pitted whole black olives
- 1 cup cubed Bothwell Habanero with Cracked Black Pepper Monterey Jack Cheese
- Boil the noodles according to the package directions. When the noodles are cooked, drain, then rinse with cold water, making sure to drain well again. Set aside.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, parsley, garlic, green onion, parmesan cheese, and salt & pepper.
- Toss the noodles in the dressing.
- Then toss in the minced peppers, red and green onion, and black olives.
- Chill for at least 4 hours. You can also make this salad a day ahead.
- Make sure to stir the salad well before serving it, as the dressing tends to go to the bottom of the bowl.
- Right before serving, toss in the cubes of cheese.
More delicious recipes made with Bothwell Cheese:
- Whipped Mashed Potatoes with Black Truffle Cheese
- Bothwell Squeak’rs Poutine
- Chorizo Habanero Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Where you can buy Bothwell Cheese:
- You can find Bothwell Cheese all across Canada. For locations, visit their website here.
PIN this recipe to make later!
Have a delicious day!