A simple recipe for Spiced Tea. It’s amazing how a few spices can take a mug of tea to the next level for flavour! A cozy and warm drink for fall.
When I think of fall I think of all the usual suspects like pumpkins, apples, pretty leaves and everything so cozy. But this time of year also makes me think of delicious and cozy fall drinks. I mean is there anything better than enjoying a delicious spicy fall drink on a sunny & gorgeous fall day? Pumpkin Spice Latte anyone? Or how about a Simple Spice Tea?
Upgrade your mug of tea!
Adding spices like cloves and cinnamon takes a regular cup of tea to the next level by making it a festive and delicious cup of comfort. This spiced tea tastes like fall in a mug (this would also be a lovely Christmas tea). Bursting with flavour without all the calories. I realize a recipe for tea may not be necessary, but I’ve learned that sometimes it’s just nice to have some inspiration to get out of the same old same old we do every day. I enjoy black tea with a little milk and sugar, but after a while it can get a little boring. By thinking outside the usual, you can enjoy favourites with a twist…with more spice and flavour!
A delicious and cozy drink.
As you can see I like my tea strong, so I steep it for a few minutes, but if you like a light tea flavour just steep your tea for less time. I really enjoy this tea because it’s full of delicious spice flavour, and because I use decaf black tea, I can drink this all day long. This is a really nice alternative to mid-afternoon coffee urges! It’s warm, delicious and so cozy.
Tasty treats to enjoy with your spiced tea:
Spiced Tea Recipe Tips:
- Tea: Use black tea bags like Orange Pekoe. You can also use instant tea.
- Zest: If you don’t have access to orange zest, you can replace it with a splash of orange juice.
- Make Ahead: Prep a big batch and keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple of days. Just reheat on the stove or in the microwave.
- Want it sweet? Add a little sweetener like sugar or honey.
I hope you enjoy this cup of hot spiced tea!Print
More Delicious Fall Drinks to try!
Now for even more deliciousness, today I teamed up with 9 other fabulous Canadian bloggers to share some festive fall drinks! We all came together to give you 9 delicious drink options for fall! How delicious do all of these bevvies look?! Make sure to pop in and grab a recipe or two or 10! 🙂
The drinks from top left to right are:
- Vanilla Maple Latte from The DIY Mommy
- Spiced Tea Recipe by Me!
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Steamer from Satori Design For Living
- Apple Cider Punch from Fynes Designs
- Hazelnut Hot Chocolate from The Sweetest Digs
- Autumn Chill Chai-Tea-Ni Martini from The Happy Housie
- Chocolate Orange Martini from Suburble
- Cinnamon Apple Spice Latte from Craftberry Bush
- Cinnamon Spiced Ice Tea Cocktail from The Sweetest Escape
- Warm Cranberry Apple Spiced Punch by Clean & Scentsible
Have a delicious day!