See, the thing about muffins is that they aren’t pretty. They just aren’t. Yummy yes, but not pretty. And they don’t photograph well. They just sit there looking all sad and muffin like. A boring old muffin.
BUT, if you could taste these Maple Apple Muffins, you would know. You would know that this muffin is the bomb! In fact it’s probably one of the best muffins I’ve had. But I like oatmeal-y things with cinnamon. And apples.
I love that the apples are cut up really small so you almost don’t even know they are there. Which is perfect for kids (and Moms) who take apart their food to make sure there are no “chunky things” hidden in there. These are little people approved. All three of mine gobbled them up. A great success I say! 😉
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 medium apples, peeled and diced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together flours, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together milk, egg, margarine and maple syrup.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour/oat mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in diced apples.
- Fill paper muffin cups about 2/3 full, or until all the batter fits into the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Cora’s
These muffins are perfect for breakfast and lunch kit snacks for the kids! Don’t be fooled into thinking this is just another muffin recipe. Really. They are SO good. So so good! 😉
Have a delicious day!