Do you feel like a soft, chewy, chocolate-y, yummy cookie? Well, it just so happens I have one here for you!
– – –
This recipe makes a huge batch of cookies, so you can have some now, and freeze some for later! I love doing that! Isn’t it such a great feeling when you go to the freezer and discover some baking!
On to the recipe…!
Chewy White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal (I always use old fashioned rolled oats)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or white chocolate chips)
- 1 – 4 oz chocolate bar or 4 oz of Bakers chocolate (grated)
- Put the oatmeal into a food processor, and whir the oats until they are a fine powder. Set aside.
- Grate the chocolate bar (or Bakers squares), and set aside.
- With a mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until creamy.
- Then add the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oatmeal, the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Combine the butter mix and the flour mix. Mix well.
- Then add the grated chocolate bar and chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into about 1 – 1 1/2 inch balls. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
- If you like your cookies chewy, cook them on the lower end of time ~8 minutes.
- You can use any kind of chocolate chips: white, milk, semi-sweet or dark. It’s up to you!
These are like a little cookie piece of heaven. I hope you love them!
Have a cookie-licious day!