Pumpkin Spice Bread is a classic fall recipe! This no-fail, moist and spicy cake is delicious for snacking or as dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
It doesn’t feel like fall over here until I’ve baked one of these Pumpkin Spice Breads, it’s a fall tradition! This loaf is definitely one of our family favourites.
Pumpkin is one of my most favourite ingredients to cook and bake with in the fall. I know it’s cliche to put pumpkin in all. the. things. But truly, it’s SO delicious in so many recipes…from soups to oatmeals, to bread puddings, french toast bakes, cookies and cakes. Not to mention pies. High five to pumpkin!
And of course, you can’t forget about a Pumpkin Spice Loaf! This bread is great at breakfast, as a snack or even for dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. It’s so delicious and versatile!
Raisins or No Raisins?
Now let’s talk raisins for a second. Are you in the raisin or no raisin camp? Our house is divided on this issue, but Mom and Dad always win so there are raisins in our loaves. It’s just not the same without them! What is it about raisins that people dislike so much?! 😉
So if you’re looking for the perfect fall treat, this Pumpkin Spice Bread is it.
Pumpkin Spice Loaf Recipe Tips:
- You can use 1 cup of pureed butternut squash instead of pumpkin.
- Feel free to add nuts (like walnuts or pecans), or raisins to this loaf.
- Line your pan with parchment or wax paper so you can easily remove it from the pan.
- This bread is amazing on its own, or with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipping cream!
This is a no-fail, moist and spicy cake. And you must add raisins. Yum.
This Pumpkin Spice Bread is a classic fall recipe! It’s sweet, spicy and so tender.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a measuring cup stir together the milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a mixer cream the butter. Then add sugars and mix until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, to the butter/sugar mix.
- Then add the pumpkin puree to the egg/butter/sugar mix. Combine.
- Add the flour mix to the pumpkin mix in 3 parts, alternating with the milk mix in 2 parts.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Bake for about 1 1/4 hours. (when it’s done, a toothpick inserted into the centre should come out clean)
Keywords: recipe, pumpkin recipe, pumpkin bread, pumpkin loaf
Adapted from the Joy of Cooking
– – – – –
More Delicious Pumpkin Spice Recipes to Try!
- Pumpkin Pie French Toast Bake
- Hearty Pumpkin Pie Granola Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Delight
- Pumpkin Pie Dip
Have a delicious day!
NOTE: This post was originally published in 2011, and I have recently updated it with new photos. I did adjust the baking time to 1 1/4 hours (it used to be one hour), as I found after baking quite a few more loaves, that they needed more time to bake than one hour. But it’s the same great recipe with a little longer baking time, and new images. Enjoy!