This Pumpkin Bread Pudding melts in your mouth and tastes just like pumpkin pie! Serve warm with ice cream.
Happy Friday my friends! I’m so glad it’s the weekend. Aren’t you? I find the first month of back to school and all the activities that come with it, absolutely exhausting. Not to mention the back to school bugs that seem to be making their rounds here. Needless to say, we’re all ready for some relaxation time. The weekends are all about unwinding and enjoying family…and of course eating good food too right?! Of course it is!
I’ve got a great recipe for you to enjoy this weekend. So remember this week when I posted my Braided Pumpkin Bread recipe, and teased you about a dessert that I was going to share? Well this is it. Pumpkin Bread Pudding! I took some of the bread I made and turned it into this creamy, delicious pumpkin bread pudding. And you need to try it!
I haven’t made a bread pudding in ages, and forgot how great they are. I had to halt third helpings, the kids loved it so much!
This dessert melts in your mouth and tastes just like pumpkin pie! Serve it warm with ice cream, and oh my word you have dessert heaven.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe Tips:
- You can use this homemade braided pumpkin bread for this bread pudding, or Challah or brioche.
- This dessert is delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- If you like, you can add 1/3 cup raisins or pecans.
- Use pumpkin puree for this pudding, NOT pumpkin pie filling.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar right before you’re ready to serve. It looks pretty and adds a little extra sweetness.
Recipe adapted from Fine Cooking
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It would be great for Thanksgiving…a fun twist to a classic dessert!
– – – – –
More delicious pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing by Family Food and Travel
- Pumpkin Spice Delight Java by Mommy Moment
- Layered Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie by Frugal Mom Eh
- Mini Pumpkin Pies by My Organized Chaos
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies by My 3 Little Kittens