This Easy Pumpkin Soup is great served as a light meal, or as an appetizer! Enjoy with a green salad and fresh bread.
This time of year I always seem to have pumpkin puree in my fridge, an ingredient leftover from making cookies, pie or bread, and I hate to let it go to waste. So this past weekend after I made my Halloween pumpkin pie, I had some pumpkin puree left, and decided to make a pot of soup with it.
Perfect for a chilly fall night.
Creamy + Delicious!
Soups made from squash are so creamy and flavourful, and I just love them. In fact, whenever I can I will add squash or pumpkin puree to many things, including pasta sauce.
Make this soup on the stovetop or in the slow cooker
This soup is SO easy to make. If you want you can even make it in the slow cooker on low, for about 2 – 3 hours. I like this option when I’m at home because I don’t have to babysit it on the stove. But if you wish, you can easily just make it on the stove in half the time.
Pumpkin Soup Recipe Tips:
- When the soup is done cooking, I like to puree it with a hand blender so it’s nice and creamy.
- You can use either canned or homemade pumpkin puree for this recipe. Here is my recipe for homemade pumpkin puree.
- If the soup seems too thick, feel free to add more cream.
- If you want you can make this soup in the slow cooker on low, for about 2 – 3 hours. I like this option when I’m at home because I don’t have to babysit it on the stove. But if you wish, you can easily just make it on the stove in half the time.
- Feel free to double the recipe for more servings.
- Then serve this soup with a green salad and fresh bread. A delicious and comforting meal!
Have a delicious day!