This White Chicken Chili is hearty, full of beans and has a nice kick of spice. Serve with lime wedges, shredded cheese, fresh cilantro and tortilla chips. Ready in less than 1 hour.
If you’re looking for a quick and healthy dinner idea this White Chicken is delicious! It’s a nice change and a great addition to your dinner rotation.
Yes! What exactly is white chili? Well, it’s chili with a white sauce…it has no tomatoes in it which gives traditional chili it’s deep rich colour. Instead, this white chicken chili has a creamy and flavourful white sauce. It’s SO delicious.
A great thing about this chili is that you can have it on your dinner table in 1 hour, from start to finish! And if you want to make things even more simple, grab a rotisserie chicken from your grocery store for this recipe.
White Chicken Chili Menu Idea
Serve bowls of this white chicken chili with fresh lime wedges (squeeze the fresh lime juice into your bowl of chili), top with a little shredded cheese, fresh cilantro, slices of avocado and tortilla chips…your family will love it! It’s also delicious served over a bed of steamed rice.
White Chicken Chili Tips & Tricks
- Chicken: You can use any cut of chicken for this recipe, just make sure to shred it before adding to the chili. My favourite is ready-made, store bought shredded rotisserie chicken, it’s quick and delicious!
- White Beans: This recipe uses white kidney beans (cannellini beans).
- Cream: You can use half & half cream or 3% milk.
- Serve with: Tortilla or corn chips. Steamed rice and slices of avocado are also delicious.
- What should the texture of this chili be like? This white chicken chili should not be like a soup, it should be a creamy, chili. If it’s too soupy, continue to simmer until the excess moisture boils off.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freezing: This chili will freeze really well! Store in airtight containers in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw, then simmer on the stove until warm.
I hope you enjoy this white chicken chili recipe as much as we do!Print
Recipe inspired by Add a Pinch
PIN IT to make later!
another delicious chili recipe
Best Beef Chili
A classic recipe for Beef Chili, loaded with beans, spices and loads of delicious flavour! The addition of bacon makes this dish especially tasty! Serve with cornbread, buns, rice or over a baked potato. SO delicious.
Have a delicious day!
Please note that this recipe was originally posted February 2014. I have since up dated it with new images and recipe tips. Same great recipe, just more information for you!