This Potato Frittata is a quick and healthy breakfast or dinner idea!
– – – – – – –
This Potato Frittata, or you could call it a Spanish Tortilla or a Crustless Quiche, but what ever you choose to call it, just know it’s deeee-licious!
For this recipe I used Almond Fresh Original almond milk from the Canadian company, Almond Fresh. Over the last few years I’ve experimented with using almond milk in my baking and smoothies, and even some dinner recipes. All of the Almond Fresh flavours are really delicious as drinks in themselves as well…especially the Almond Fresh Chocolate…oh my it’s so perfect in smoothies!
But something I just learned recently is that almond milk isn’t just for smoothies and baking. It can be used in other recipes like savoury sauces and dinner recipes. Today I’m sharing one such recipe: a baked egg dish, and it has Almond Fresh Unsweetened as part of the main ingredients. This dish is perfect for dinner or breakfast!
Sliced potatoes, fresh herbs, peppers, onions, eggs and almond milk.
Fresh and delicious ingredients make up this delicious dish! And the great news is you can have it ready in about 1 hour!
Potato Frittata (Crustless Quiche)
- 1 cup Almond Fresh Unsweetened or milk
- 1 lb yellow or white baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large green or red pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 6 large eggs lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Place on a parchment lined baking pan and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Toss potatoes to evenly coat in oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are softened.
- Finely chop onion and garlic. Cut green or red pepper into small pieces.
- Set a 10-inch oven-safe frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, onion, garlic and green or red pepper to the pan. Cook, stirring often, just until the onions are translucent, then remove from heat.
- Place vegetables into a large bowl and set pan aside.
- Sprinkle vegetables with salt, pepper and parsley.
- When potatoes are cooked, add them to the bowl with the onion mixture.
- Stir in eggs and Almond Fresh until well combined.
- Lightly coat the frying pan with oil. Pour potato mixture into frying pan. Bake, uncovered, in the centre of the oven until the centre is set, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes then carefully turn onto a plate or platter.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
For another delicious dinner recipe made with almond milk, check out this recipe for Baked Salmon with Pasta & Fresh Herbs. Simple and tasty!
Disclosure: This post has been generously sponsored by Rogers Media Inc. I have been compensated for my time and product, but all opinions are my own, as always. I only partner with brands that I enjoy and use in my own home!