This Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe is everything you want in a traditional pumpkin pie but without the crust. No-fuss and so simple to make (it really is the easiest pumpkin pie!). Perfect for the holiday season.
No pastry? No Problem!
Why make a crustless pumpkin pie you ask? Well a crustless pie is great for many reasons…some people don’t like pastry, so they can have their pumpkin pie without it! Crustless pumpkin pie is also a great addition to other desserts like Pumpkin Pie Pavlovas and trifles (it’s almost like a pumpkin custard). Also, I really love how simple this is to make, sometimes you just want all delicious taste of a creamy pumpkin pie without having to fuss with a traditional pie crust.
What to serve with Crustless Pumpkin Pie:
This pie is perfect for Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas!
Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe Tips
- PUMPKIN: Use pure canned pumpkin purée (or homemade pumpkin puree) not canned pie filling. I mean, you can also use canned pumpkin pie filling but homemade tastes so much better! If you do use a pre-made filling, then you should follow the instruction on the can.
- PUMPKIN SUBSTITUTE: You can use 1 cup of puréed butternut squash instead of pumpkin…you won’t even be able to tell the difference!
- CREAM: Use a light cream like half and half. You can also use heavy cream, 3% milk or evaporated milk instead. You can also use coconut milk (mix it well first), but please note that your pie will have a light coconut taste.
- SPICE: This recipe uses a homemade mixture of classic pumpkin pie spices, but if you have a pre-made spice you can use that too (about 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice mix).
- DISH: Bake this pie in a 9-inch pie dish.
- BAKING: If you notice the top of the pie start to darken, you can tent the pie with aluminum foil.
- STORAGE: Keep any leftovers tightly covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container in the fridge.
- FREEZING: This crustless pie does not freeze well, I don’t recommend it.
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe! Have a delicious day!