These Forest Ranger Cookies are a family favourite! They’re loaded with oats, coconut and cornflakes.
– – – – –
This is a recipe from my mom, who is my greatest source of fabulous recipes! (thanks Mom!) I grew up with Forest Ranger cookies and now these sweet and chewy cookies are in my cookie making rotation for my own family. They’re loaded with oats, coconut and cornflakes making them a nice change from the usual chocolate chip cookie. I also love this recipe because it makes a huge batch (4 dozen), so you can have some now and freeze the rest for later!
These cookies make a great addition to school lunches or after school snacks! I hope you love them as much as we do!
Forest Ranger Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups oats
- 2 cups coconut
- 2 cups cornflakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together both sugars and the butter.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine the oats, coconut and corn flakes.
- Combine butter mix with flour mix. Then add oat mix.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and press lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- I always bake my cookies on the lower end of time (9-10 minutes), because we like them soft and chewy!
- For a little extra nutrition, you can substitute in some whole wheat flour: 1/2 cup whole wheat, 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour. Or just play with the ratios until you get the flavour balance you like!
- These cookies freeze beautifully. I keep a small batch out for lunches, then freeze a batch to enjoy later.