Scrumptious Rice Pudding
Today is a rice pudding day! Why? I’m not really sure. Oh well. Here’s a great recipe that uses a brown rice blend. A little more healthy than the traditional white rice kind. And you can eat it for breakfast if you want! Yum!
- 2 cups cooked rice (this is a great way to use up rice from last night’s dinner)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk (the higher the % fat (the creamier it is))
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- With a fork, combine rice, sugar, milk, vanilla and raisins in an oven-proof dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 – 1 1/4 hours.
- Serve warm or cold, with cream!
Just a delicious, simple dessert. Sweet, creamy & delish!
|I’ve had a few questions about this plate – it’s from Crate & Barrel!|
Have a delicious day!
This would be good for breakfast…I will have to give it a try!
I grew up eating something just like this! Thanks for posting..I know what I am having for breakfast tommorow!
I love your yellow dish.
I love love love your dishes!!!!!
I have never tried rice pudding. It looks great, and so does that lemon cake on simple as that! Great recipes!
oh, I think rice pudding would be good for desert tonight, thanks for the nudge, lol.
Yours looks great, I use my husbands grammas recipe.
Visiting fro The Simple Things, thanks for sharing
Thanks for reminding me of my favorite childhood recipe. Lucky for me, we have leftover rice in the fridge!!
Hi Jo Anna,
Your Rice Pudding looks delicious. It looks so creamy and comforting. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and please come back!