These Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies are so decadent! Rich and fudgey brownies with a silky pumpkin cream cheese swirl in every bite. So good.
Today I’m excited to be joining a group of bloggers as we come together to share 27 delicious fall recipes with you! Thank you to Krista of Happy Housie for organizing. Make sure to check out all of the delicious recipes in the links at the bottom of this post!
If you missed any of my previous posts as part of this Seasonal Simplicity Fall Series, make sure to check out my DIY Floral Fall Wreath, a $10, 10 Minute Sunflower Garland, my Pumpkin Patch Vignette, my cozy fall living room and my fall porch. And today I’m sharing a delicious recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies.
Have you ever had cheesecake swirl brownies? If you haven’t you must try them. The addition of a creamy cheesecake swirl in a rich and fudgy brownie is dessert heaven.
Not to mention they’re gorgeous to look at…I mean, just look at that swirl!
Brownies + Cheesecake = DELICIOUS!
Over the years I’ve made regular Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies and Chocolate Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies several times. But the recipe I’ve had on my list for sooooo long is a pumpkin variation, so this was the year to finally make them. The idea of pumpkin with chocolate makes my mouth water!
And boy, do I wish I had made these sooner. Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies are ah-mazing. Amazing.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies are the perfect fall treat!
Rich fudgy brownies with chunks of chocolate, topped with 2 swirls of cheesecake…a simple white cheesecake swirl and a pumpkin cheesecake swirl. Yes, it’s as delicious as you can imagine.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies Recipe Tip:
For this brownie I wanted to have a bit of white cheesecake swirl as well as a pumpkin cheesecake swirl…I just really like the look of the two colours against the brownie. So to do this I made the cheesecake mixture in two parts: 1/3 white cheesecake and 2/3 pumpkin cheesecake. The white cheesecake swirl shows more once you cut into the baked brownies, but if you want more white to be noticeable on the top, you can make the ratio 1/2 and 1/2.
A delicious and decadent dessert that is perfect for fall.Print
These Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies are so decadent! Rich and fudgy brownies with a silky pumpkin cream cheese swirl in every bite. So good.
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
The Cream Cheese Swirl
- 8 oz regular cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×9 inch square baking pan by lining the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan on low heat melt together the butter and sugar. Then transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl, and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- Once the sugar mixture has cooled slightly add the eggs in one at a time, slightly mixing in each one.
- Then mix in the vanilla, and combine the mixture until smooth.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mixture, and combine until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out about 1/2 cup of the brownie batter and set it aside. You are going to add this later…
- Pour the remaining brownie batter into your prepared 9×9 baking pan. And set it aside while you make the cream cheese mixtures.
The Cream Cheese Swirl:
For the swirl, I made this in two parts: one is a white cream cheese swirl, and one is a pumpkin cheesecake swirl…the ratio is 1/3 white and 2/3 pumpkin. I just like the look of the different colours with the brownie.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk, until well combined and smooth.
- Scoop out about 1/3 of the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Then add 1/3 cup of pure pumpkin puree to the cream cheese mixture that is still in the mixer, and combine until smooth and creamy.
Putting it all together:
- To the brownie batter in the baking dish, add the cream cheese mixtures in clumps over your brownie. (If you want to see what this looks like, refer to my video below.)
- Then add the 1/2 cup brownie batter in clumps.
- Using a knife, swirl the clumps until you have a marbling effect.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. The brownie will be done when the edges of the brownie have puffed, the centre of the cake feels firm to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- When the brownie is done, remove it from the oven and let cool to room temperature in the pan.
- Then chill in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours before cutting it.
I had to sneak in this photo of my Molly…she sat and stared at these brownies the entire time I took pictures of them…SO funny.
Anyway, I hope you make these Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies and love them!
Watch the video to see how to make the swirls!
– – – – –
– – – – –
More Delicious Fall Recipes to check out:
Make sure to check out all of the delicious recipes below…I hope you’ll be inspired to make something!
Instant Pot Split Pea & Ham Soup at The Happy Housie
Chicken Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo at Grace In My Space
Tomato and Goat Cheese Dip at My Sweet Savannah
French Onion Soup in a Breadbowl at My UnCommon Slice of Suburbia
Chicken Lasagna Soup at The Handmade Home
Easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole at The Turquoise Home
Butternut Squash & Sundried Tomato Frittata at Cassie Bustamante
Pumpkin Spice Granola at Craftberry Bush
Saskatoon Berry Muffins at Love Create Celebrate
Quick Sugar Free Applesauce at Aratari at Home
Mason Jar Pumpkin Pies at Modern Glam
Easy Pumpkin Dip at She Gave it a Go
Fall Brioche at Inspiration for Moms
Baked Apple Cider Donuts at Paint Me Pink
Instant Pot Pumpkin Applesauce at Cherished Bliss
Pumpkin Spice Granola at Zevy Joy
Plum Frangipane Dessert at Satori Design for Living
Pumpkin Pie Cream Cheese Ball at Tatertots and Jello
Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles at The DIY Mommy
Apple Cannon Balls at In My Own Style
5 Minute Flaky Pie Crust at Jenna Kate at Home
Pumpkin Spice Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze at Sincerely, Marie Designs
Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies at A Pretty Life
Yummy S’Mores Cheese Ball at This is Our Bliss
Pecan Madeleines at Life is a Party
Have a delicious day!