If you are looking for a decadent and delicious brownie recipe, this is it! These Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies are amazing.
I’m not sure there’s any more delicious combination than fudgey brownies with cream cheese…especially warm out of the oven! Rich chocolate flavour with cream cheese in every bite…so so good.
This brownie recipe is a definite crowd pleaser…serve it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream…and definitely a glass of milk. Trust me, you’re going to need a glass of milk.
I think you need to make these. Soon. And if you’re feeling extra chocolatey, make these Chocolate Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies. Yum.
Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
The Cream Cheese Swirl
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×9 inch square baking pan. You can lightly grease and dust the pan (see notes), or I like to line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan on low heat, melt together the butter and sugar. Then transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl, and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Once the sugar mix has cooled slightly, add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry. Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips. Set aside.
The Cream Cheese Swirl
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk, until well combined.
- Once you have the brownie mix all ready, add half of the batter to a lightly greased & dusted dish (see Tips! for dish dusting).
- Then add half of the cream cheese mix in clumps over your brownie.
- Using a knife, swirl the cream cheese mix, until you have a marbling effect like above.
- Then add the remaining brownie batter.
- Then add the remaining cream cheese batter in clumps, and swirl again.
- Bake in a 325 degree preheated oven for approximately 1 1/4 hours. The square will be done when the edges of the brownie have puffed, the centre of the cake feels firm to the touch, and a toothpick when inserted comes out clean. Just check it for doneness, as you may need to bake it longer...
- When the cake is done, remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
(Adapted from Hobbie Lobbie)
Here is how you add the spoonfuls of cream cheese mix.