Make this gorgeous DIY Floral Fall Wreath in just minutes with a few simple and inexpensive supplies. No glue gun or floral wire needed!
Today I’ve joined a group of blogging friends, and we are sharing our fall wreath creations with you! Thank you to Krista of Happy Housie for organizing. Make sure to check out all of the wreaths in the links at the bottom of this post…there is loads of fall inspiration! xo
I think by now I’ve made it quite obvious that I’m in love with BIG wreaths. Seriously. I like big wreaths and I can not lie. (Here’s one I made for summer and one I made for winter and one for Christmas.)
I mean, how can you not love a wreath as gigantic as this one? It’s just a bigger palette for gorgeous flowers and ribbon. It doesn’t even matter that the purple leaves *might* get caught in the door every once in a while. It’s a small price to pay. 😉
But when I’m in the floral aisle at Michaels I just can’t stop myself from buying all the fall floral stems…the colours this year are just beautiful. Purple, burgundy, gold, rose…someone stop me.
I’m absolutely loving these rich tones this year…so much so that I’m putting them everywhere. I can’t wait to decorate my living room with all the fall pillows in these colours.
Pretty pretty pretty. All the heart eye emojis.
Supplies for a Floral Fall Wreath:
The great thing about these big wreaths is that they’re really easy to make. And the supplies are not complicated or expensive, especially if you use your coupon at Michaels or catch them on one of their 2 for 1 sales. Here’s what you need:
- 1 grapevine wreath base: in the size of your choice. I bought the biggest one I could find at Michaels, but still small enough that it will fit on my door.
- floral sprigs: I used about 12 large floral stems and cut them into pieces for stuffing into the wreath base
- ribbon: I bought a wine coloured satin ribbon from Michaels
How to make a Floral Fall Wreath:
I love making these big wreaths because they’re SO easy. I don’t even use a glue gun or floral wire to secure anything. I just make sure the floral stems are long, then I stuff them into the grapevine wreath base. This is great as well because I just take out the stems and reuse the grapevine base for each season. Here’s a quick tutorial for you:
- Hang the grapevine wreath base on a wreath hanger on an inside door. I like to do this because when I put my wreath together I can see what I’m doing. It’s much easier to put together a wreath while it’s hanging in front of you, rather than trying to make a wreath while it’s laying on a table.
- Make it symmetrical. To make this wreath symmetrical, I start by stuffing in 2 floral sprigs at the base of the wreath…one on each side for balance.
- Then continue to stuff the sprigs, 2 at a time, one on each side for balance. Basically, what I do to one side of the wreath, I do to the other.
- Keep stuffing until it looks the way you like.
- Step back, have a look and see if both sides mirror each other, and add and adjust as needed.
- Then to finish it off I make a simple bow for the base of the wreath, leaving long trailing ribbon.
That’s it. SO simple and what an impact this wreath will make on your front door or even your mantel.
More Fall Wreath Ideas:
Now make sure to check out all these cozy fall wreaths! I hope you’ll be inspired to make a wreath for your home. Happy fall y’all!
Easy DIY Dollar Store Fall Wreath at The Happy Housie
Rose Gold Laurel Fall Wreath at Modern Glam
Five Minute Dollar Tree Fall Wreath at Craftberry Bush
DIY Embroidery Hoop Fall Wreath at Tatertots and Jello
Modern Leather Fall Wreath at Cherished Bliss
DIY Copper Fall Hoop Wreath at Clean & Scentsible
Large DIY Fall Farmhouse Wreath at The Tattered Pew
White Boho Fall Wreath at All Things With Purpose
DIY Fall Embroidery Hoop Wreath at She Gave it a Go
Fall Wreath Ideas at Happy Happy Nester
DIY Fall Acorn Wreath at The Handmade Home
DIY Floral Fall Wreath at A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
Simple DIY Fall Owl Wreath at Cassie Bustamante
Easy Cookie Cutter Fall Wreath at My Sweet Savannah
Happy Fall Y’all!