This Million Dollar Spaghetti is rich and so delicious! Made with layers of noodles, ground beef, pasta sauce and 3 kinds of cheese. Ready in 1 hour.
Have you ever heard of or tried Million Dollar Spaghetti? This pasta casserole is creamy and so delicious. A simple recipe that can be on your dinner table in about 1 hour.
What is Million Dollar Spaghetti?
After a lot of research I have no idea where this recipe originated from, yet there it is all over the internet, going viral on TikTok. So naturally I had to make it. But why is it called Million Dollar Spaghetti? It’s not because it costs an arm and a leg to make, in fact it’s quite budget friendly. It seems to be called Million Dollar Spaghetti because it’s so rich and decadent that you’ll feel like a million bucks when you eat it? That’s a bit of a stretch to be honest haha! It is delicious though, and I’m pretty sure if you love spaghetti and lasagna, then you’ll love this too!
About this recipe:
Million Dollar Spaghetti in the most simplest of terms is really just a spaghetti lasagna. It’s made with layers of cooked spaghetti noodles, a layer of cream cheese and cottage cheese, a layer of ground beef and pasta sauce, then a cheesy layer of mozzarella cheese, all baked in a casserole dish. It’s delicious.
How to make Million Dollar Spaghetti:
Here is a simple visual on how to put together Million Dollar Spaghetti. Sometimes I find it useful to see pictures on how to layer the ingredients.
Million Dollar Spaghetti Recipe Tips:
- Creamy Cheese Mixture: This recipe calls for cream cheese and cottage cheese. You can substitute the cottage cheese with ricotta cheese.
- Shredded Cheese: You can use really any type of cheese: mozzarella, cheddar, Monterey Jack. You can also add Parmesan cheese to the mixture.
- Meat: I use ground beef. You can also use ground chicken, ground turkey or a mixture of ground meats including Italian sausage and ground pork.
- Noodles: Use 1 pound spaghetti noodles.
- Can I use different noodles? Well technically you can, but why would you? It wouldn’t be Million Dollar Spaghetti then would it? 😉
- Sauce: Use your favourite jar of spaghetti sauce (marinara sauce).
- Sauce Option: You can make a homemade layer of tomato meat sauce for this casserole. This is my favourite recipe (I use about 1/2 of it).
- Leftovers: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just reheat in the microwave.
FAQs about this recipe:
What to serve with Million Dollar Spaghetti:
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!