This Creamy Cucumber Salad is creamy, light, fresh, tangy, dill-y and delicious! It makes a perfect side dish with grilled or roasted meats. Ready in 15 minutes.
If you’re looking for a light and bright salad or side dish, this Creamy Cucumber Salad is a delicious option! It’s lovely for spring dinners, Easter dinner, barbecues, picnics and potlucks.
About this Creamy Cucumber Salad:
This salad is made with thinly sliced fresh cucumbers and sliced red onion tossed in a creamy dressing (sour cream + mayo) with fresh dill. It is delicious and SO easy to make. You can have it on your table in 15 minutes!
A perfect side dish!
I don’t know about you but I often find side dishes to be the hardest part of a meal to come up with. And I’m always looking for fresh new ideas and recipes to pair with our dinners. And maybe you are too? Well, this Creamy Cucumber Salad is a great option! It’s perfect with lunch or dinner, pairs well with almost everything, and it’s SO EASY to make.
Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe Tips:
- Cucumbers: Use 2 large cucumbers (like English cucumbers). You can also use mini cucumbers, you’ll just need more of them (about 4 cups sliced). And there’s no need to peel them unless you want to. Slice the cucumbers to about 1/8 thickness (I just use a knife but you can use a mandoline if you have one).
- Dill: Fresh dill is best in this salad.
- Onion: You can use thinly sliced red onion or shallots. Or add sliced green onion.
- Sour Cream: You can use full fat or low fat sour cream. You can also use plain Greek yogurt instead.
- Vinegar: I use regular white vinegar, but you can also use apple cider vinegar or even lemon juice for a totally different, but delicious flavour!
- Can I make this ahead of time? I don’t recommend making this salad too far ahead of time or it will get soggy. It’s best made and served immediately. I would make it no longer than a few hours ahead of time, and if you do this, make sure to keep it covered tightly in the fridge then stir it again right before you serve it.
- Variations: Feel free to add chopped tomatoes and/or chunks of cheddar cheese.
What to serve with Creamy Cucumber Salad:
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!