Air Fryer Potato Wedges
These Air Fryer Potato Wedges are crispy, flavourful and so delicious! Not to mention easy. They make a perfect side dish to barbecue!
If you’re looking for crispy and delicious potato wedges/fries, this recipe is it! Making potato wedges in an air fryer is the closest thing to deep-fried, without all the grease. Easy and scrumptious!
Air Fryer Potato Wedges are the BEST!
We love our air fryer. I’m not a big kitchen gadget person, I prefer classic stovetop/oven cooking methods, but the air fryer is my exception. I love it. Especially for foods that are supposed to be crispy, like fries and potato wedges…fries and wedges made in the oven are never quite crispy enough, and I don’t like to use a deep fryer for cooking. So I like to air fry them…they come out crispy and flavourful without all the fat of deep frying.
Makes a great side dish!
These air fryer potato wedges are delicious served alongside burgers, ribs, roasted chicken and hot dogs! Serve with ketchup or your favourite dipping sauce. They’re also delicious when sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Tips & Tricks
- Potatoes: Any potatoes will work for these wedges. We like to use white potatoes or Yukon golds, red are great and Russet potatoes too!
- How Many Potatoes to Use? This recipe calls for 3 large potatoes for our large air fryer. You may need to adjust the amount of potatoes and oil depending on the size of your air fryer. You don’t want to overcrowd the basket.
- Do I have to soak the potatoes? No. I don’t, because I’m usually short on time, and I don’t see enough of a difference in crispiness to want to do this extra step. But you can if you wish…soaking the sliced potatoes in cold water helps to remove some of the starch, resulting in more crispy wedges. If you want to do this, soak the wedges for about 15 minutes, then rinse and dry, then proceed with the recipe.
- Oil: Feel free to use olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Seasoning: Use your favourite seasonings for these wedges. We really like Hy’s or Lowry’s. Steak spice is delicious too. Or if you prefer, salt and pepper with a little paprika is tasty. And if you like garlic, feel free to season them with a few shakes of garlic powder too.
- Preheat your air fryer: Always preheat your air fryer, this results in faster and more consistent cooking. The temperature for this recipe is 400 degrees F.
- Thickness of potato wedges: How thick you cut the potatoes will determine the cooking time. We generally cut our potatoes 1/4 inch thick, and they take about 25 minutes to cook. If you cut them thinner, they will take less time. If you cut them thicker, they will take more time. The key is to shake the air fryer basket occasionally, and check on the doneness.
- Filling the air fryer basket: Less wedges in your basket means they will cook faster and crisp up better. Be careful not to overcrowd the basket.
- Want more wedges? If you are feeding a crowd it is quicker to cook the wedges in a couple of different batches.
- Shake the air fryer basket: While the potatoes are cooking, shake the air fryer basket occasionally to ensure even roasting and crispness.
- Finishing Touch: If you have shaken off too much seasoning during the cooking time, you can shake a little extra on right before serving.
- Leftovers: Any leftover wedges can be stored inside an airtight container in the fridge. Just reheat in the air fryer for about 3- 5 minutes.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- 3 large potatoes, washed and dried, not peeled (see TIPS)
- 2 tbsp oil (olive or vegetable)
- seasoning salt
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Get it running while you prepare the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes in half, then half again.
- Then slice each potato quarter into ¼ inch sticks.
- Place the sliced potatoes in a large bowl.
- Toss with the oil.
- Generously season with your favourite spice, mix well. We like Hy’s, but you can get creative and use any of your favourite grilling spices!
- Once the potatoes are oiled and seasoned, place them in the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes.
- During the cooking time, occasionally shake the fries to ensure that they cook evenly. These are also good opportunities to check for doneness. Cooking time is generally between 20-30 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your fries, the amount of fries in your basket and thickness of the fries.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: air fryer fries, air fryer potatoes, air fryer potato wedges
PIN IT for later!
Have a delicious day!