This recipe for Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings is makes the most crispy and delicious chicken wings. Only 3 ingredients and ready in 15 minutes! Perfect for game day parties!
Disclosure: I am working with Philips and I am excited to share Philips products and delicious recipes I have made with them! I have been compensated, but as always, all pictures, views and opinions are my own.
Deep Fryer or Airfryer?
I might be the only person I know that doesn’t have a deep fryer…it just wasn’t something I ever wanted. And not because I don’t like deep fried food because I really do, but it’s more because I don’t want to eat a lot of it, and I know if I had one at home we’d be eating more fried food than we should. So I’ve always tried to bake things like french fries and chicken wings, but we all know how those turn out most of the time…either soggy, or hard as a rock. So when I was asked to try out the Philips Turbostar Analog Airfryer I was excited to see how it worked. I was most excited about the fact that it requires little to NO oil! Instead it uses superheated air to fry foods.
Putting the Airfryer to the Test
One of the first things we made with the Airfryer were store bought fries and battered fish, because to me, these were the things that were really going to show me whether I was going to like the Airfryer or not. I wanted to see if they would come out crispy and delicious. So on a Friday night we had Fish & Chips! And let me tell you, I was super impressed. In less than 15 minutes we had the most delicious fish…crispy on the outside and tender and moist on the inside. And the fries…crunchy like fries. I was actually shocked. I didn’t think it was possible to make food at home that was crispy like you would expect it to be, without having to use oil.
I think the Airfryer is pretty fantastic, and I happily add it to my kitchen. I’m not the only one who loves it…it was recently awarded the Parent Tested Parent Approved Seal of Approval, one of the top most recognized awards by consumers!
Once I had my first test out of the way, I wanted to try to make chicken wings in the Airfryer, because we love chicken wings! But I never make them at home because they’re always soggy…no one likes a soggy chicken wing. I decided to make my favourite chicken wing flavour, Salt & Pepper Wings. Winner winner chicken dinner. Now I know what I’ll be serving up when the World Rugby Seven Series kicks off in June! When rugby is on, the TV is on and my boys are glued to it. I provide the snacks 😉
The wings came out SO flavourful, crispy and crunchy on the outside, perfectly tender and juicy on the inside. Truly awesome.
The Most Crispy Wings without Deep Frying!
Using the Airfryer is seriously the easiest way to make crispy chicken wings. I would never cook wings in the oven again…unless of course I wanted them to be soggy 😉 I am amazed at how crispy and flavourful they came out, and I didn’t have to add any oil! These are basically guilt free…so awesome!
This is what the Airfryer looks like. It’s nice and compact and doesn’t take up much room on the counter, but it’s big enough to make 4 servings. So if you have a family bigger than 4, you can make more than one batch of something but not have to wait long because the Airfryer is quick! These chicken wings take about 15 minutes from start to finish.
For these wings I didn’t overload the basket, but you can load it up. The hot air circulating through the whole cooking chamber ensures that your food cooks evenly, even when you’re cooking for a lot of people and food is piled up in the fryer. So it would be perfect to use for a game day party! Fresh & crispy wings while you’re watching the the big game.
The result is perfectly crispy chicken wings.
This chicken wing recipe is SO simple…only 3 ingredients and ready in 15 minutes! These wings are perfect for your game day parties! Serve with fresh cut vegetables and dip, and all of your favourite party food…make your fries in the Airfryer too!Print
Crispy Airfryer Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings
This recipe for Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings is made with the Philips Turbostar Analog Airfryer, and makes the most crispy and delicious chicken wings. Only 3 ingredients and ready in 15 minutes! Perfect for game day parties!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 lbs chicken wings (drumettes and wingettes)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Combine the salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss the wings in the salt/pepper mixture, until all the wings are evenly coated.
- Now you’re ready to cook! Cook the wings in batches: Place the wings in the Airfryer basket, about 8 – 10 at a time. You can add more at a time if you like. And note that there is no need to preheat the Airfryer before you cook…I love this feature.
- Slide the basket into the Airfryer.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the chicken wings are crispy and the juices run clear, with no traces of pink.
Other foods we’ve cooked in the Philips Turbostar Analog Airfryer:
- Zucchini Fries. These are SO good. GET THE RECIPE HERE
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds. Perfectly crispy and ready in 10-15 minutes. GET THE RECIPE HERE
- Battered fish (pre-battered): we had some pre-battered fish that we would usually bake in the oven, but we decided to see how they would cook in the Airfryer. With no extra oil, this fish came out crispy and perfectly cooked! I’ll never bake these in the oven again.
- Pre-made french fries and tatertots: I actually don’t bake a lot of fries or tatertots at home, simply because we don’t like soggy fries. So I wanted to test out the Airfryer with these and see if they were better made with this method, and of course they are! Crispy fries and tatertots just like they’re supposed to be.
- Homemade yam fries: We do have home fries sometimes, but again, they always come out soggy from the oven, but not the Airfryer! Crispy and delicious.
- I’m looking forward to trying more recipes…including roasted meats and vegetables.
What I love about the Philips Turbostar Analog Airfryer:
- You don’t need oil! I love that foods turn out crispy and delicious without unhealthy oil.
- It’s SO EASY to use. Just place your food in the Airfryer basket and turn the dial.
- The Airfryer is very easy to clean. The QuickClean basket includes a removable non-stick coated drawer that is dishwasher safe!
- You don’t need to preheat! Just put your foods in the basket and go.
- Cooking food is SO fast. In fact, the Airfryer is twice as fast as a conventional oven or toaster oven.
- The Airfryer is small enough in size that it’s easy to store and doesn’t take up much space on the counter.
Tips & Tricks:
- The Airfryer is big enough to prepare a meal for four. But if you need more, it cooks foods so quickly, you can easily cook another round.
- With the Airfryer you can grill, bake and even roast your favourite dishes.
- Download the Philips Airfryer app to get over 200 recipes, step-by-step instructions, shopping lists, manuals and more tips and tricks!
Where to Purchase the Philips Turbostar Analog Airfryer:
- Philips Turbostar Analog Airfryers are widely available online and in stores across Canada including at: Canadian Tire, Hudson’s Bay Company, Amazon, and specialty appliance retailers.
Have a delicious day!