This 5 Minute Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal is bursting with delicious fresh blueberry and lemon flavours! This is quick and hearty breakfast that is perfect for busy mornings!
– – – – – –
Hello! I’m back again today with another delicious and easy breakfast idea! Yesterday I shared my 5 Minute Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal, and today I’ve got a 5 Minute Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal recipe. These oatmeal recipe ideas are perfect for busy weekday mornings. With just a few seconds of prep time, you can have a hearty and delicious breakfast for you and your family.
The thing about eating oatmeal, is that most of the time we just add a little brown sugar and some cream. Delicious but can get pretty boring really fast. So I decided to think outside the box and almost look at oatmeal as a deconstructed muffin…what kinds of muffin flavours are your favourite? Chances are these flavours would be perfect as oatmeal.
Take this lemon blueberry oatmeal variation as an example. Lemon Blueberry Muffins are delicious. Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal is delicious. How can it not be? Lemon and blueberry are a match made in heaven.
For this oatmeal variation I made a simple oatmeal/milk base, added some lemon Greek yogurt, fresh blueberries and lemon zest. Dee-licious. And SO so easy. Oatmeal has never been more tasty.
5 Minute Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Greek lemon or vanilla yogurt
- 1 tbsp blueberry jelly
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Mix together the milk and quick oats, and cook. I cook mine in the microwave, but you can also cook them on the stove.
Putting it all together:
- Add the 1/4 cup of Greek lemon or vanilla yogurt on to the cooked oatmeal.
- Warm up the blueberry jelly, then drizzle the jelly over the yogurt.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest over the yogurt and oatmeal.
- Sprinkle with fresh blueberries and enjoy!
Make sure you come back again tomorrow for another quick and tasty oatmeal recipe!
Here are More Delicious 5 Minute Oatmeal Recipe Ideas:
Have a delicious day!