This Carrot Zucchini Apple Bread is moist and full of delicious fall harvest fruit and vegetables. This recipe makes 2 loaves, so you can enjoy one now and freeze one for later!
This time of year makes me want to make all the things! Loaves, pickles, pies, cakes, stews, pastas…everything. There’s just something about fall that inspires me to get into the kitchen to cook and bake. It feels comforting and the results are delicious.
Bake, don’t waste!
After a big farmers’ market shopping spree, I made a batch of these Carrot Zucchini Apple Breads. With so much produce around, sometimes I struggle with using it all up…I hate food waste so I like to get creative. And these loaves are a result of that! So if you have loads of carrots, apple and zucchini around, these are a great way to use some of them up.
Carrot + Zucchini + Apple = Delicious!
The base for this recipe is my tried-and-true Best Ever Zucchini Bread which is a family favourite! And I just knew that recipe would work perfectly for this Carrot Zucchini Apple Bread. I basically replaced half of the zucchini with shredded apples and fresh farm carrots. The combination is perfection!
Add this to your recipe box!
This bread is tender, moist and perfectly cinnamon-y, with specks of zucchini, carrot and apple baked in. Delicious.
Batch baking is the best!
The reward for your efforts in making this recipe is 2 loaves! So you can enjoy one right away, and you can freeze one for later. That’s a win in my books. I love being able to stock my freezer for the upcoming winter months.
Carrot Zucchini Apple Bread Recipe Tips:
- PAN SIZE: I use standard loaf pans for these loaves (1 lb. Pan: 8″ x 4 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ high)
- EXCESS MOISTURE: As the shredded zucchini, apple and carrot mixture sits, you will notice that there will be moisture. Lightly squeeze out the moisture before adding it to the batter.
- LINE THE PANS! Make sure to line the loaf pans with parchment.
- LET THEM REST: Allow the loaves to rest for at least 1 hour before eating.
- FREEZING: These loaves freeze well. Store in an airtight ziplock bag or plastic wrap in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Carrot Zucchini Apple Bread
This Carrot Zucchini Apple Bread is moist and full of delicious fall harvest fruit and vegetables. This recipe makes 2 loaves, so you can enjoy one now and freeze one for later.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- Category: Loaf
- Method: Baking
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 small sized zucchini)
- 2 small apples (shredded)
- 2 large carrots (shredded)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare 2 baking pans by lining them with parchment paper.
- Shred the zucchini, apple and carrots. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer combine the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla, until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix gently.
- Now add the shredded zucchini, apples and carrots. You will notice that as this mixture has had time to sit, that there will be moisture. Lightly squeeze out the moisture before adding it to the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly between the 2 baking pans.
- Bake for about 1 1/4 hours. The cakes are done when a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool in the pans for about 10 minutes. Then remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Keywords: zucchini loaf, apple loaf, carrot loaf
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!