Make Ghost Pizzas for Halloween! Such a simple and fun dinner idea!
– – – – –
Happy Halloween! I wanted to pop in today to share this simple and spooky idea for your Halloween dinner! Every year I try to make a spooky pizza for the kids for Halloween night. Pizza is always a big hit in our home, especially the home made kind, and I love that it’s an easy dinner for me to prepare, so it’s a win win for everyone.
This year I created this ghost pizza for my little trick or treaters…it made the kids smile and get excited for their night of candy collecting! It’s a fun way to send them off trick or treating!
These pizzas are so festive but SO easy at the same time. I make the dough in my bread machine with recipe below, then it’s as simple as shaping the ball of dough into a ghost form. Then I spread on a small jar of bought pizza sauce, add our favourite toppings and cover them all with cheese! Then I cut out some tomatoes for eyes and a mouth, and bake until golden delicious!
Make Ghost Pizzas for Halloween! Such a simple and fun dinner idea! This recipe makes 1 large pizza ghost.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast
- Add all of the ingredients to your bread machine.
- Select the Dough/Pasta cycle (it’s usually about a 1 hr and 30 minute cycle).
- Once the dough cycle has completed, remove the dough to a surface lightly dusted with flour, and cover with a clean tea towel. Let rise for 15 minutes.
- Roll out and shape the dough into a ghost and transfer it to a prepared baking sheet. (I prepare a baking sheet with a light layer of olive oil, or some corn meal.)
- Add pizza sauce, toppings and cheese.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
Recipe adapted from 300 best Canadian bread machine recipes
– – – – –
Nothing left to do but enjoy!
Looking for more fun Halloween recipes? Here are some delicious treats!
– – – – – – –
Have a spooky Halloween!