This Banana Bread Recipe is a classic! Simple, comforting and tastes like home. Perfect for using up ripe bananas.
If you’re looking for a classic banana bread recipe then look no further! This loaf is moist and so flavourful. It really is the best banana bread recipe!
Perfect for using up ripe bananas.
Who doesn’t love a good old fashioned piece of banana bread? Making banana bread is such a delicious way to use up those ripe bananas that no one will eat, and we get quite a few of those around here. No one will touch a banana if there’s even a speck of brown on them haha!
This recipe is easily doubled.
This recipe makes 1 loaf, but if you wish to have 2, it is easily doubled. I always double it because I like being able to put one loaf in the freezer for later. It’s such a nice feeling to go to the freezer and be able to have something homemade to enjoy. So every once in a while I spend a Sunday baking loaves for the week ahead. Last week I was busy and made some banana loaves and chocolate zucchini loaves. So good.
Yummmmm. Can’t you just smell them? This banana bread recipe is my favourite. It’s simple and classic and tastes just like how banana bread is supposed to.
Banana Bread Recipe Tips:
- Pan Size: I use 1.5 L loaf pans (8.5 inch loaf pan).
- Double it! This recipe is easily doubled.
- Optional Additions: You can stir in a 1/2 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts) or chocolate chips to the batter after you have folded in the bananas. It’s really delicious to generously sprinkle on Vanilla Bean Sugar to the top of the loaf before baking.
- Cinnamon: If you like, whisk in 1 tsp cinnamon with the flour and proceed with the recipe.
- Don’t have ripe bananas? If you don’t have extra ripe bananas around your house, most grocery stores have a section of ripe bananas that are perfect for baking.
- Storage: This bread can be kept at room temperature in an airtight container or wrapped in aluminum foil or plastic wrap to keep it moist.
- Freezing: This bread freezes well. Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Looking for a banana bread with sour cream? Try this Banana Bread Sheet Cake.
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
I hope you enjoy this easy banana bread recipe! Have a delicious day!