Make these easy and fun Ghost Pizzas for Halloween! Such a simple and spooky dinner idea that everyone will love!
Happy Halloween! I wanted to share this simple and spooky idea for your Halloween dinner! Every year I try to make a spooky pizza for the kids for Halloween night. Pizza is always a big hit in our home, especially the home made kind, and I love that it’s an easy dinner for me to prepare, so it’s a win win for everyone. So this year I created ghost pizzas for my little trick or treaters…they make the kids smile and get excited for their night of candy collecting! It’s a fun way to send them off trick or treating.
Use your bread machine to make the dough!
These Ghost Pizzas are so festive but SO easy at the same time. I make the dough in my bread machine with recipe below, then it’s as simple as shaping the ball of dough into a ghost form. Then I spread on a small jar of bought pizza sauce, add our favourite toppings and cover them all with cheese! Then I cut out some tomatoes for eyes and a mouth, and bake until golden delicious!
Recipe Tips for Ghost Pizzas:
- Instead of tomatoes, use pepperoni slices to make the ghost face.
- If you want to add loads of toppings, put them under the cheese, then dress the top of the pizza to look like a ghost.
- Remember it doesn’t have to be perfect, Halloween food is perfect when it’s not perfect!
- If you would like more ideas for Ghost Pizzas, here’s another ghost pizza I made last year.
Make Ghost Pizzas for Halloween! Such a simple and fun dinner idea! This recipe makes 1 large pizza ghost.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast
- Add all of the ingredients to your bread machine.
- Select the Dough/Pasta cycle (it’s usually about a 1 hr and 30 minute cycle).
- Once the dough cycle has completed, remove the dough to a surface lightly dusted with flour, and cover with a clean tea towel. Let rise for 15 minutes.
- Roll out and shape the dough into a ghost and transfer it to a prepared baking sheet. (I prepare a baking sheet with a light layer of olive oil, or some corn meal.)
- Add pizza sauce, toppings and cheese.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
Recipe adapted from 300 best Canadian bread machine recipes
My old image of my Ghost Pizzas
More fun Halloween recipes!
Have a spooky Halloween!
This post was originally published in October 2010, but I have since updated it with new pictures!