This Easy Beef Pot Pie is a great recipe to use up leftover beef (like pot roast or prime rib), gravy and vegetables! Hearty and delicious comfort food.
Turn Leftovers into Pot Pie!
Do you know the difference between a meat pie and a pot pie? Pot pies only have a top crust and meat pies have a top and bottom crust. I actually just learned this! This recipe makes a pot pie, and it’s delicious. Pot pies are a great way to take leftover meat, gravy and vegetables from dinner the night before and turn them into something new and delicious.
About this Easy Beef Pot Pie
This beef pot pie is filled with tender beef, vegetables and a rich gravy, topped off with a golden flaky pie crust. Mouthwatering. And easy because most of the ingredients are all from leftovers!
Let’s talk about the crust:
My favourite crusts for pot pies are homemade pie crusts. This recipe uses my tried-and-true pie crust recipe which makes a tender and flaky crust that pairs beautifully with the rich beef filling. But if you want to make things even easier, you can use a pre-made crust or even a puff pastry crust. All are delicious!
Perfect for chilly nights and Sunday supper.
I love to serve dinners like this on cold and snowy nights or on Sundays for a special dinner…there’s just something so comforting about a rich and flavourful meat pie.
Look at that rich beef and vegetable filling. So good.
I hope you try this recipe and love it as much as we do! Enjoy.
- Beef: This recipe uses leftover cooked beef from any oven roast beef such as pot roast, prime rib, tenderloin, rib eye, strip loin)
- Gravy: This recipe uses 2 cups of leftover beef gravy. Here are some options if you don’t have much or any leftover gravy: Use 1 cup of gravy plus 1 cup of beef broth, simmer until it thickened slightly (may need to add flour). If you don’t have any gravy you can make homemade gravy from this recipe here (use beef broth).
- Vegetables: You can use 1 cup of any diced vegetables. I often use frozen peas or frozen chopped veggies. You can also use leftover chopped veggies.
- Pie Crust: This recipe only requires one crust, but the recipe here makes enough for 2 crusts, so use one for this pot pie, and freeze the other for later!
- Pie Crust Option: You can also use 1 – 12 inch sheet frozen puff pastry (thawed) for the top crust. Brush the pastry an egg wash before baking.
- Side Dishes to go with your Beef Pot Pie: Serve with a side salad like this Simple Green Salad or Caesar Salad.
- Leftovers: The leftovers are delicious! Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave.
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!