Have this perfectly juicy and tender Oven Baked Salmon on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes. Plus 5 tasty flavour ideas to try!
There are many ways to cook salmon, but one of the easiest methods is to bake it in the oven. Preparation is as simple as laying the salmon pieces out on a piece of parchment paper, seasoning it with simple spices or sauces, then putting it into the oven for 12 – 15 minutes to roast. While the salmon is roasting you can put together a few side dishes like rice, salad or any of your favourite vegetables, and dinner is ready in 30 minutes or less! Easiest dinner ever.
Depending on what flavours you like with your salmon, you can keep it simple with salt and pepper, or a little butter and dill, or smother it with your favourite sauces.
5 Delicious Flavour Ideas for Roasted Salmon:
- Simple Seasoning: Before roasting, season the salmon generously with salt and pepper. You can also use a seasoning salt.
- Dill & Butter: Before roasting, lather each piece of salmon with butter, then add dill. Season with salt, pepper. After the salmon has roasted, garnish with fresh dill.
- Sweet & Spicy: Before roasting, brush each piece of salmon generously with a sweet chili sauce. We like to use Frank’s Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce.
- Teriyaki: Before roasting, brush the salmon generously with your favourite teriyaki sauce.
- Garlic & Dijon: Mix together 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tsp dijon mustard and 1 clove of garlic. Then before roasting, season the salmon with salt and paper then brush the salmon with the garlic/dijon mixture.
Tips for oven roasting salmon:
- Parchment Paper: Line your baking pan with a sheet of parchment so that it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Baking Time: Salmon roasted in the oven is much quicker than you might think. The general rule is 6 minutes per inch of thickness.
- How to tell if the salmon is cooked: The easiest way to tell if salmon is cooked through is to gently press down on the top of it with a fork and it will flake easily.
Love Salmon? Here are more delicious recipe ideas:
- Lemon and Maple Sheet Pan Salmon
- Macadamia Nut and Maple Roasted Salmon
- Baked Salmon with Creamy Mustard Sauce
Have a delicious day!