Shredded chicken is a powerful dinner time ingredient! Here is how to prepare Easy Cooked Shredded Chicken and 8 Recipes To Use It!
– – – – – –
If there is one ingredient that saves me the most at dinner preparation time, it would definitely have to be cooked shredded chicken. If you have it prepared ahead of time, dinner planning is easier than ever, because it’s easily added to soups, stews, and casseroles. I have to admit though, I used to hate the process of shredding chicken, but I have tried a new method and now I swear by it! I use a mixer.
I’m sure you have seen various videos and posts about this method, you may have even seen one of my recent Instagram stories where I showed how it works. Basically all you have to do is cook chicken breasts ahead of time, then when they’re cooked, you add them to a mixing bowl and use the paddle attachment to shred it. Once it’s shredded you can portion it and freeze it for when you need it!
Here’s 9 second video I made just to give you a quick idea of how to do it:
How to make Cooked Shredded ChickenPrint
Easy Cooked Shredded Chicken
Shredded chicken is a powerful dinner time ingredient! Here is how to prepare Easy Cooked Shredded Chicken and 8 Recipes To Use It
- 8 boneless (skinless chicken breasts)
- a little olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Lay 8 chicken breasts onto a sheet of tin foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt & fresh ground pepper.
- Wrap the foil into a tight package.
- Bake the chicken for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- When the chicken is cooked through, it’s ready to shred.
- Shred 2 chicken breasts at a time by adding them to your mixing bowl, and using the paddle attachment. Mix until the chicken is shredded (it’s very quick). Don’t mix it for too long or the chicken will get mushy and won’t have the texture of shredded chicken.
- Transfer the shredded chicken into a separate bowl, or a freezer container (see below).
- Repeat until all of the chicken is shredded.
- Once the chicken is shredded and cooled down you can freeze it in ziplock bags or plastic containers. I split mine into 4 containers.
- Use as desired!
8 Recipes with Cooked Shredded Chicken
Now that you have all that cooked shredded chicken, what are you to do with it? Here are 8 of my favourite recipes:
Cheesy Mexican Stuffed Peppers // The original recipe for this uses ground chicken, but shredded chicken can easily be substituted. These hearty stuffed peppers make for a delicious meal!
Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole // This enchilada casserole is quick to make so you can have it ready for your family in an hour! Serve it with fresh salsa, slices of avocado, tortilla chips for dipping and a fresh green salad. So good.
Coconut Curry Noodle Soup // This soup is hands down my family’s favourite soup! It has all the flavours of Thai food…coconut, green curry, ginger, lemongrass…oh my. A perfect way to use shredded chicken.
White Chicken Chili // This White Chicken Chili is hearty, full of beans and has a nice kick of spice. SO good. And it’s ready in less than 1 hour!
Summer Roll Salad with Peanut Satay Sauce // This salad is a deconstructed summer roll, which is so much easier to assemble than rolls! Add shredded chicken and loads of peanut satay sauce…delicious!
Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup // This soup is loaded with deliciousness…taco seasoning, cream cheese, tomatoes, cilantro, green chilies, shredded chicken and tortilla slices! And on your table in less than one hour.
Creamy Chicken & Green Chili Enchiladas // This dish is creamy, cheesy and so delicious! It looks complicated but you can assemble it in minutes, using shredded chicken, and have it ready to eat in under 1 hour. Serve it with a side salad.
– – – – – – –
I hope try this shredding method, it really is so easy! And you’ll love having shredded chicken in your freezer to help you at meal times! Enjoy.
Have a delicious day!