This Summer Roll Salad Recipe makes the most delicious make-your-own dinner! Set out all of the ingredients for salad rolls, then let everyone make their own dinner bowl (these are basically deconstructed salad rolls). Serve with a peanut sauce and ginger vinaigrette.
If you’re looking for a fresh, delicious and interactive meal idea, this Summer Roll Salad Recipe is it! Set out bowls of fresh ingredients and let everyone create their own delicious dinner bowl.
A simple way to enjoy salad rolls without all the fuss of making them!
I love salad rolls, but what I do not love about them, is making them. It can feel tedious to roll everything in rice paper wrappers, which requires time and patience, which I don’t always have around the dinner hour when everyone is hungry. So instead, I decided to create a make-your-own Summer Salad Roll salad bar! Basically, these are deconstructed salad rolls.
Making Summer Roll Salad Bowls:
I love salad bars. Actually, any buffet style serving is the best, there’s just nothing like loading your plate or bowl up with food in a way that you like it. Make-your-own dinners are such a fun way for everyone to create a meal in a way that they love…with toppings that they like. With this Summer Roll Salad Bar, everyone gets to make a bowl that suits their own tastebuds!
Set out and serve!
For this Summer Roll Salad recipe set out all of the delicious ingredients of a Summer Roll, then let everyone serve up their own dinner bowls. This is a perfect meal idea for small parties too!
Summer Roll Salad Recipe Tips:
- Chicken: You can roast 2 – 3 chicken breasts to shred for these bowls. OR, another simple and delicious option is to buy a rotisserie chicken and shred the meat…this is what I usually do, it’s easy and the meat is flavourful.
- Peanut Sauce: You can make this dipping sauce ahead of time (1 – 2 days).
- Ginger Vinaigrette: This dressing can also be made a few days ahead of time. Note: If you don’t have rice vinegar you can substitute apple cider vinegar.
- Noodles: Right before you are ready to eat, cook the noodles according to package directions. I always cook my noodles last because rice noodles get really sticky if they sit too long.
- Add Ins:
- purple cabbage
- bell peppers
- fresh herbs: cilantro and mint or Thai basil
- lime wedges
- roasted peanuts
- hoisin sauce
- Vietnamese chicken meatball bites: I like to make a batch of these to add to the bowls. They’re so flavourful and are a perfect addition.
- Optional: cooked shrimp
Salad Prep Order:
More Delicious Dinner Bowl Recipes to try:
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!
Please note: This post was originally published in 2013 but I have since updated it with new images and more useful recipe tips!