Greek Chicken Bowl
This Greek Chicken Bowl Recipe is a fun, delicious and healthy dinner idea! Serve everything buffet style so everyone can create their own dinner bowl.
I’m back with another delicious and easy bowl recipe! Yesterday I shared my Mexican Bowl Recipe, and today I’m sharing a Greek Chicken Bowl which is my favourite. I love Greek salad so this bowl hits the spot! Real food. Real ingredients. And really easy to make.
Dinner Bowls are Easy and Delicious!
Aside from being SO delicious, I think one of the best things about these dinner bowls is how easy they are to make. You can’t go wrong with fresh ingredients and a self-serve style of dinner. The kids love to scoop out all of their own toppings, and I love watching them each create their own meal. And I also love that it’s healthy and they don’t really even realize it because it’s so good.
All of Your Favourite Greek Salad Ingredients
These bowls are made with flavourful marinated Greek chicken, cooked orzo, fresh grape tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, bell pepper, olives, chickpeas, and feta cheese, all drizzled with tzatziki sauce and Greek dressing. So good.
Keep it Easy!
And if you really want to save time with this recipe, you can buy pre-marinated Greek chicken from the grocery store like I did! I’m all for shortcuts like this. But if you want to marinate your own chicken, I’ve given you the link in the recipe, to my delicious Greek chicken marinade.
Don’t forget the feta!
Don’t forget to add the crumbled feta cheese like I did when I took these pictures! As we were about to dig in for dinner, my daughter asked where the feta cheese was! ARG. I forgot to add it for the pictures…but at least I didn’t forget before I finished off my bowl! 🙂 Enjoy.
Greek Dinner Bowl Recipe Tips:
- Greek Marinade / Dressing: You can make my homemade Greek marinade, or marinate the chicken in a store bought marinade or salad dressing. If you can find pre-marinated chicken in the meat counter at your grocery store, that’s even easier!
- Chicken: We like chicken breast for this dinner bowl, but any cut of chicken works great.
- Orzo: If you have leftover orzo from dinner the night before, this dinner bowl is a great way to use it up.
- Bowl Additions: Add Greek olives or black olives, red onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, chickpeas, tzatziki sauce and fresh lemon wedges.
Greek Chicken Bowl
This Greek Chicken Dinner Bowl Recipe is a fun, delicious and healthy dinner idea! Serve everything buffet style so everyone can create their own dinner bowl.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Chicken
- 4 – 5 chicken breasts (marinated in a Greek marinade (or buy them pre-marinated))
- 1 cup dried orzo pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 – 2 cups sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 – 2 cups sliced cucumbers
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 cup black olives
- crumbled feta cheese
- fresh lemon wedges
- Greek salad dressing
- Make a Greek marinade, or use a Greek Salad dressing to marinate your chicken. Let them marinate for at least 3 hours, or even overnight. Recipe Shortcut Tip: buy pre-marinated Greek chicken breasts from your grocery store.
- After the chicken has marinated, grill them until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Slice the cooked chicken into pieces for serving.
- While the chicken is cooking, you can make the orzo.
- In a saucepan over low to medium heat, melt the 1 tbsp butter then add the orzo.
- Stir and cook the orzo until it is slightly golden.
- Add 2 cups of water, turn down the heat to low, and simmer the orzo until the water is gone.
Greek Chicken Bowl:
- Prepare all of the fresh ingredients and put them into their own serving bowls (buffet style).
Putting everything together:
- Place out all of the bowls of prepared ingredients, and let everyone make their own Greek chicken bowl!
- Sprinkle on crumbled feta cheese.
- Drizzle on tzatziki sauce and Greek salad dressing.
Keywords: Greek chicken dinner bowl
More Delicious Dinner Bowl Recipes:
recipes with Greek dressing:
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!