Make this Mexican Street Corn Chicken Bowl for dinner tonite! Loaded with fresh ingredients, grilled chicken and a Mexican Street Corn Salad. So good.
Have you ever had Mexican Street Corn Salad? It’s SO good. It’s so delicious that I could actually eat the entire salad myself…the dressing is creamy, the corn flavourful and with bites of tart cheese and tasty cilantro. Yum. Now how about we actually make a whole meal out of it by adding some grilled Mexican chicken, cooked quinoa and loads of fresh toppings? Sound good? YES.
Ready in Less Than 1 Hour!
This Mexican Street Corn Chicken Bowl is fresh, healthy and delicious. And even better, you can have this meal on the table in less than 1 hour. Then you make everyone happy by letting them create their own dinner bowl. My family loves these self-serve type suppers.
Street Corn Salad is Delicious!
The star of this bowl is definitely the street corn salad. I made this salad using canned corn, but you could definitely make it using fresh grilled corn. If you use canned corn, the secret is to saute the corn before you add the dressing. Slightly cooking the corn brings out the flavour and sweetness of it. Then tossed with the dressing…this corn is delicious.
Doesn’t that look ah-mazing? All of the flavours of the Mexican Street Corn salad pair perfectly with the Mexican grilled chicken and fresh toppings. And I made sure to make enough dressing that you can drizzle extra all over your finished bowl. Yes.
Mexican Street Corn Chicken Bowl
Mexican Street Corn Salad Dressing:
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
The Corn Salad:
- 2 - 341 mL cans of corn you can also use fresh corn
- 2 tbsp chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 2 cups cooked quinoa make according to package directions
- 4 – 5 chicken breasts
- taco seasoning I use my homemade seasoning, which you can find here
- 1 – 2 cups sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 - 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 or 2 sliced avocados
- fresh lime wedges
- fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
Make the Mexican Street Corn Salad:
- The first thing you want to do is 'roast' the corn in a skillet. To do this, in a skillet over low-medium heat, add a tsp of vegetable oil. Then add the corn and saute until the corn is slightly 'roasted'. Let cool for a few minutes.
- While the corn is cooling, mix the dressing.
- For the dressing mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, chili powder, salt and pepper, until smooth.
- Use 1/2 of the dressing to mix with the corn, and save 1/2 to serve with the bowls at dinner time (set 1/2 aside).
- In a bowl, mix together 1/2 of the dressing, the corn and red pepper. Mix well.
- Stir in the crumbled cheese, chopped cilantro and green onion.
- Set aside.
Make the Quinoa:
- Make the quinoa according to package directions.
- Generously season the chicken with the taco seasoning.
- Grill the chicken until it is no longer pink.
- Slice the cooked chicken into pieces for serving.
- Prepare all of the fresh ingredients and put them into their own serving bowls (buffet style).
Putting everything together:
- Place out all of the bowls of fresh ingredients, buffet style. Including the Mexican Street Corn Salad in one bowl, the grilled chicken on a serving plate, the cooked quinoa in another bowl and the extra salad dressing on the side.
- Now let everyone make their own Mexican Street Corn Chicken bowl!
- Drizzle on the extra dressing, more cilantro and cheese, and enjoy!
More delicious bowl recipes:
Have a delicious day!