This is a traditional No Flour Cornbread Recipe that makes a thick and flavourful cornbread. Delicious served alongside ribs, chili or soups and stews.
If you’re looking for a delicious cornbread recipe, this No Flour Cornbread is it! Eat it warm from the oven all slathered in butter (and even honey!) and enjoy it with ribs or dip it into your favourite soups, stews and chilis. YUM.
No Flour Cornbread Recipes
What, a cornbread recipe with no flour? Yes. Traditional cornbread actually has no flour in the recipe, which results in a more crumbly textured bread than those made with flour. Both are delicious cornbread options!
A delicious side dish!
I like to serve cornbread with many different dishes, but it’s especially delicious with ribs and chili. It’s also great on it’s own for lunch or snacking…I just warm a piece up and slather it in butter…so good!
Add a little heat!
I like to add jalapenos to our cornbread, as we like the heat they give! Chopped or sliced, they’re a delicious addition. If you don’t like the heat, you can add chopped bell peppers instead…the extra flavour peppers add to the bread is delicious. Or if you prefer, you can leave peppers out entirely.
- No Flour? Yes that’s right, there is no flour in this recipe.
- Butter: To melt the butter I like to put the 2 tbsp of butter into the skillet and place it into the oven while the oven is preheating. Also, if you like, feel free to substitute the butter for bacon grease.
- Jalapenos: We love jalepenos in our cornbread, but if you prefer not to have the heat, feel free to add 2 – 3 tbsp of finely chopped bell peppers instead. Or leave them out entirely.
- Serve warm. This cornbread is best served when warm. If you have leftovers, you can reheat it in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Serving Tip: slather on extra butter and/or drizzle on honey…drizzled honey is SUCH a delicious addition.
Recipes to serve with your cornbread:Print
Thank you for PINNING!
Have a delicious day!